Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but who won morally. Were our goals moral?

No we should have let the plucky underdog win like we used to. Also eagle eyes Danny Murphy was convinced var would have ruled out Jesus's goal as his heel or something was fractionally offside. Plus we over celebrated scoring which was immoral.

Its called opinion.
And we are all entitled to one.including you.;)
Tbf...you repeat yourself on here more than i do ,you must be old bitter senile Blue like me,so i have sympathy ;)

Oh yes, everyone is entitled to it and my opinion is some of its pointless whinging.

I do feel old today although I thoroughly enjoyed the match yesterday, and Villa midweek, so my bitter levels are currently low :-)

Thing is most pundits arent employed for their knowledge of the game, or for their knowledge of tactics etc.
They are employed simply because who they played for, to hopefully keep the liverpool and utd watching games that dont involve their teams.

Because I would guess most fans dont watch matches in which their team arent playing. Or is that just me , I only watch City games !.I hate the fact that on our games we get ex utd and liverpool players.

I have to explain to my missus why I dont like Ferdinand, Giggs, etc. My missus said that documentary about Ferdinand ( last year o think ) and how sad about his wife etc. I asked did it mention him shagging loads of birds behind her back or him being a drug cheat ? NO. I said that documentary was just a pr job to try and improve his image. And as for family man she didnt about his affair with his brothers wife. Missus didnt know why spitty is called spitty so I showed her the video. How he didnt get the sack is one of the most bizarre things. Again she was surprised he wasnt sack but I explained its because he is ex liverpool sky wont sack him, for fear of losing the liverpool fan base, same the press/media wont write anything bad about LFC. The same way the press/media went lightly over them setting fire to the liver building , ignore social distancing etc win they won the league

That fact that Ferdinand working for BT a British tv company said he wanted RM to beat the only English left in the champions league. He wanted a non English team to beat an English team. A very strange view when working for an English tv company.

Now I am not overly bother about pundits my only gripe is why with 1000's of ex players why cant the tv companys etc employ, good sound decent ex pros ?

Why do I want to listen to an drug cheat or someone who sleeps with his brothers wife ? No thanks I have a higher morale standard than that. I wouldnt invite someone like that into my house. I want the listern to a good ex pro with decent morals stands someone I would like in my house, not a drug cheat . Why is that to much to ask?

Just employ good solid decent ex pros.

Last edited:
Very true, in relation to the match, it was always going to be billed as a David and Goliath clash and of course the transfer fees of our players in comparison was going to be used as a barometer to highlight it.

Some valid points on here about media coverage, but the relevant points often get diluted due to the shear volume of pointless whinging.
I think that 'whinging' by City fans about the constant negative crap emanating from the media is a tiny bit more justified than your constant harping at City fans who do get fed up the sheer volume and repetition of it.

Yes you are right, the media treat us really well, perhaps slightly better than they do united and liverpool
He’s not saying that mate though. The narrative was reasonable overall - and expected. The money references were OTT, because it is/was more than those two clubs would be subject to, but otherwise it’s been acceptable overall imo - given the gap between the two clubs.

There are things to get far more worked up about the media’s coverage than in relation to yesterday’s game.

Very true, in relation to the match, it was always going to be billed as a David and Goliath clash and of course the transfer fees of our players in comparison was going to be used as a barometer to highlight it.

Some valid points on here about media coverage, but the relevant points often get diluted due to the shear volume of pointless whinging.

Yep looking forward to the Chelsea bingo at 12

The media are full of them BM.,

Spit, Ratboy, Hoddle, Shearer, Linkeker, McManaman, Ferdinand, Scholes, Owen, Keane, Savage to name but a few..

The only guy with any credibility who's on regularly and is worth listening to in my opinion is Souness..

Hoddle, Keane, Ratboy, Scholes and Shearer between them won the square root of fcuk all as managers but funnily enough know exactly where Pep's going wrong every week..

I'll cut Hoddle some slack as he got Swindon Town promoted once.. not quite your clean sweep of domestic trophies Pep has on his CV amongst a shit load of other stuff but obviously more than enough for him to offer his insight into where Pep's going wrong every time he comments on us..

The rest of the above haven't got the balls to give management a go but are all obviously CL, PL and multiple cup winning managers in waiting..!
It all boils down to jealousy IMO. The are not good enough to succeed in management so they ridicule and belittle those who can. It is better than looking in the mirror and seeing a sack of shit that has failed or will never be good enough to succeed.

Anyway, fuck the sound bite turds.

I think that 'whinging' by City fans about the constant negative crap emanating from the media is a tiny bit more justified than your constant harping at City fans who do get fed up the sheer volume and repetition of it.

Yep the constant negative crap today seems to be a ‘dumb blonde‘ said we were losing for 80 minutes (not the factually accurate 22mins) and the reports written framed it as we ‘avoided defeat’ rather than ‘won’ the match. Terrible stuff.

Focus on the relevant stuff, because the stuff this morning does sound a bit soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.