Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is most pundits arent employed for their knowledge of the game, or for their knowledge of tactics etc.
They are employed simply because who they played for, to hopefully keep the liverpool and utd watching games that dont involve their teams.

Because I would guess most fans dont watch matches in which their team arent playing. Or is that just me , I only watch City games !.I hate the fact that on our games we get ex utd and liverpool players.

I have to explain to my missus why I dont like Ferdinand, Giggs, etc. My missus said that documentary about Ferdinand ( last year o think ) and how sad about his wife etc. I asked did it mention him shagging loads of birds behind her back or him being a drug cheat ? NO. I said that documentary was just a pr job to try and improve his image. And as for family man she didnt about his affair with his brothers wife. Missus didnt know why spitty is called spitty so I showed her the video. How he didnt get the sack is one of the most bizarre things. Again she was surprised he wasnt sack but I explained its because he is ex liverpool sky wont sack him, for fear of losing the liverpool fan base, same the press/media wont write anything bad about LFC. The same way the press/media went lightly over them setting fire to the liver building , ignore social distancing etc win they won the league

That fact that Ferdinand working for BT a British tv company said he wanted RM to beat the only English left in the champions league. He wanted a non English team to beat an English team. A very strange view when working for an English tv company.

Now I am not overly bother about pundits my only gripe is why with 1000's of ex players why cant the tv companys etc employ, good sound decent ex pros ?

Why do I want to listen to an drug cheat or someone who sleeps with his brothers wife ? No thanks I have a higher morale standard than that. I wouldnt invite someone like that into my house. I want the listern to a good ex pro with decent morals stands someone I would like in my house, not a drug cheat . Why is that to much to ask?

Just employ good solid decent ex pros.
See I don't have an issue with Wio in this instance because he is being honest, the problem is with the overall set up and coverage.

Put in a similar position, do we want United or Liverpool to do well as they are 'representing the country' - not even remotely.

What it is missing is an Andy Morrison or the like who in reaction to Ferdinand's quip responds with 'shut it Wio you quaver mouthed bitter tw@t, you are to football insight what Chris Grayling is to train time keeping' or the like.

I think pundits should be free to express their pleasure / dis-pleasure as it makes them more relatable and not just having to lie to the audience.

Obviously I concur with the rest of you post wholeheartedly............

I concur. As an out of town City fan in the late 70s and 80s ,getting to hear anything about us was difficult.i used to get excited watching England matches just to hear the commentator say " Manchester Citys Dave watson" or Big Joe Corrigan of Manchester City" on one of the raree occasions he would get a game ahead of Shilton or Clemence.

Things got much more interesting when City signed Trevor francis...now i had the chance of a City player actually scoring a goal!!!
When a City player scored for england it was time to go mental,not just at the goal but glow with pride at the fact your favourite team was behind it.i can remember watching Francis and tony Woodcock get two goals apeice for england in a 4nil away victory in the old home internationals around 1980...i think England beat wales..

I still felt proud watching old footage of Colin Bell scoring a fine goal against Scotland at wembley in 1975.

In the 80s ,i was so disgusted with the threadbare coverage of city in my local editions of the national l press,i pleaded with Manchester mates to send me copies of the football reports from The manchester Evening News,or ask my mates to save them up for me at their houses so i could read when i visited next time...@blue2112 will remember me walking into his house on many occasion and grabbing a pile of old newspapers and advidly reading through them each time i visited ..waiting for the kettle to boil for a brew.

My interest in the media has diminushed markedly over the years.
Got no time for the lets pretend City dont exist mantra.
Childish...especially when young Foden has 9 goals to his name and is outscoring older, more experienced or expensive signings in the top league..ie The ox,Grealish Pogba and bruno the diver over at trafford.

Think alot of us City fans not living in Manchester feel the same. Its amazing how many of us stuck with City when we heard or saw so little of City. I have to thank my dad and both sets of grandparents for me never waivering my love for City. As I said earlier the highlight was receiving the football pink every week from my grandad :)

See I don't have an issue with Wio in this instance because he is being honest, the problem is with the overall set up and coverage.

Put in a similar position, do we want United or Liverpool to do well as they are 'representing the country' - not even remotely.

What it is missing is an Andy Morrison or the like who in reaction to Ferdinand's quip responds with 'shut it Wio you quaver mouthed bitter tw@t, you are to football insight what Chris Grayling is to train time keeping' or the like.

I think pundits should be free to express their pleasure / dis-pleasure as it makes them more relatable and not just having to lie to the audience.

Obviously I concur with the rest of you post wholeheartedly............

I understand your point on that one that players should be honest and express their views and it is clear Rio does not like us etc.

However I would question then why he is chosen to cover our games. At the worst his dislike for us could influence his commentary or at the least it would give the viewer the perception his views are tainted.

Was just about to post the very same thing.
Lineker mentioned it twice in the first 90 seconds of the coverage, 1st saying most expensive squad and then one players weekly wages is more than Cheltenham. Previous round, Utd v Watford or as mentioned Marine v Spurs, not a single mention.
Wonder how many player salaries for Cheltenham could be covered by the waste of money the BBC pays the MOTD presenters

And the Dumb Blond doing the Sports news on BBC just gone 6:30.
Cheltenham led Manchester City 1 - 0 for over 80 minutes.

Not sure but I think the BBC overturned the result and gave the game to Cheltenham.
Hmm. I don't recall Cheltenham scoring straight from the kick off. I thought they led City for precisely 22 minutes.

I understand your point on that one that players should be honest and express their views and it is clear Rio does not like us etc.

However I would question then why he is chosen to cover our games. At the worst his dislike for us could influence his commentary or at the least it would give the viewer the perception his views are tainted.
But that's why there is balance provided by a Morrison in the studio and you have a more balanced or unbiased view in the gantry (yes not the easiest to identify all these individuals).

I don't want to hear what pundits think I want to hear, I want to hear what they genuinely believe (whether I agree with that or not).

Most will be talking sh1te regardless so they may as well be truthful..........

He is picked to please and utd fans watching hoping to see City lose, and to piss of Citu fans who the tv dont care if we watch ot dont.

I only turn to the match bang on ko time now did the same yesterday bang 5:30 turn to the match.

But that's why there is balance provided by a Morrison in the studio and you have a more balanced or unbiased view in the gantry (yes not the easiest to identify all these individuals).

I don't want to hear what pundits think I want to hear, I want to hear what they genuinely believe (whether I agree with that or not).

Most will be talking sh1te regardless so they may as well be truthful..........

Yeah I think were on the same page, but if Ferdinands views are skewed by his dislike for us, I would prefer to hear the impartial views of someone with no dog in the fight so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.