#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think Leicester fans or players would agree. Perhaps our style of play just doesn’t suit? He’s clearly a very good player. Just not cut out to play the Pep way
Mahrez is the type of player who be a revelation if he went back to Leicester. He's not suited to our style and goes missing far too often and too greedy. Not tuned in to our team frequency and his decision making is poor for a players of his quality, get rid.

I remember watching him play at the Etihad for Leicester when they beat us 3-1 in their title winning season..

My SC is level with the 18 yard line in CB3 and I can still see him now breaking into the area, leaving Joe for dead with a drop of his shoulder and smashing it in..

It was a Saturday lunchtime KO and I'd driven back from Stonehaven (just outside Aberdeen) overnight to be there, I was gutted we lost..

However I can't deny that I was pleased we signed him though

He's not a physical player and when we are in the trenches he tends to go missing..

Pep picks him regularly and obviously sees a player in him..

Personally I like the guy and whilst he's here and turns out for us will give him my support as he plays for my team even though he regularly frustrates the shit out of me..

I’m done with him. I’ve been biased, in that I never thought he was the player we needed - just a luxury purchase, but tonight’s “this is below me” performance seals it.

Thank you for your garbage time 4-0 up goals, Riyad, and the odd important goal or rare “for the team” performance. Please move on to pastures new at your earliest convenience.

We could have spent your transfer fee on a Ruben Dias - that’s the bit that hurts.
I defended him last season at times but I’m done with him too.

Just angers me watching him.

Take anything over £30m and fuck him off the wage books.

Don’t think Leicester fans or players would agree. Perhaps our style of play just doesn’t suit? He’s clearly a very good player. Just not cut out to play the Pep way

I think the problem he's got (or should I say one of the problems he's got) is that he thrived in oceans of space at Leicester. He's got an exquisite first touch and he's a good slalom dribbler, but at City all we face are parked buses. He receives the ball at a standstill, and then hasn't ever got the pace to outrun the full back from a standing start, and because space is condensed defenders are able to get reasonably tight to him, block his crosses at source or shepherd him and the ball harmlessly out of play for goalkicks, and he doesn't have the pace, strength or heart to cope with that. Instead, 80% of the time he just cuts inside and lays the ball back to where it came from. He's a waste of space in this current City team and if I thought we could get £20m for him (he's 30 in a fortnight) I'd sell him in a heartbeat.

I think the problem he's got (or should I say one of the problems he's got) is that he thrived in oceans of space at Leicester. He's got an exquisite first touch and he's a good slalom dribbler, but at City all we face are parked buses. He receives the ball at a standstill, and then hasn't ever got the pace to outrun the full back from a standing start, and because space is condensed defenders are able to get reasonably tight to him, block his crosses at source or shepherd him and the ball harmlessly out of play for goalkicks, and he doesn't have the pace, strength or heart to cope with that. Instead, 80% of the time he just cuts inside and lays the ball back to where it came from. He's a waste of space in this current City team and if I thought we could get £20m for him (he's 30 in a fortnight) I'd sell him in a heartbeat.

It's nothing to do with space, as you've just described he's got all of the technical ability to operate in small spaces.

Mahrez's problems are all mental and have been since the day he arrived at the club. This was his big pay day, he went from Ligue 2 in 2014 to signing a £55m guaranteed contract in 2018 and it completely killed whatever drive he had before.

All of his issues are to do with attitude. He doesn't work very hard, he is greedy, he's too casual, he just doesn't care most of the time. When he does show up with the right mindset, he can be brilliant, but it's rare.

Honestly if there was any game where you could guarantee Mahrez would not want to be there and put in a shit performance, playing away to a League 2 team in the FA Cup with half the team rested is it, and I don't know why the management didn't recognise that - maybe they don't care and just needed to rest Bernardo more than they needed a good performance at RW.

He needs to start putting a shift in, he is devoid of any effort, and shows no passion, unless this guy starts, which i very much doubt, as i believe his attitude is all wrong, then he needs to leave. I read something on the lines he would like to go to PSG, then lets get rid of him, it must affect the others who are giving everything, and one guy getting away with it.

I think it’s time to refresh our entire front line and Mahrez and should be the first casualty

Hes have been here long enough and given plenty of opportunity to nail down a position.

For all his obvious talent he should offer far more to the team in terms of goals and assists but far too often he just passes the ball back where it came from.

His decision making was poor when he arrived and that hasn’t improved either.

We should be able to recoup £50-60m in my opinion and it’s time we cut our losses.

Fantastic ability and the best first touch I think I’ve ever seen but isn’t right for city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.