#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s time to refresh our entire front line and Mahrez and should be the first casualty

Hes have been here long enough and given plenty of opportunity to nail down a position.

For all his obvious talent he should offer far more to the team in terms of goals and assists but far too often he just passes the ball back where it came from.

His decision making was poor when he arrived and that hasn’t improved either.

We should be able to recoup £50-60m in my opinion and it’s time we cut our losses.

Fantastic ability and the best first touch I think I’ve ever seen but isn’t right for city.
Really?

If we could get that price, there are no losses

Personally hoping PSG come in for him as he frustrates the life out of me .

Don't like picking on players but his whole demeanour is wrong and half-arsed and find it hard to believe that Pep doesn't see the same.

Personally hoping PSG come in for him as he frustrates the life out of me .

Don't like picking on players but his whole demeanour is wrong and half-arsed and find it hard to believe that Pep doesn't see the same.
I think Tolm has alluded the club are looking to offload him this summer.
I do believe he was the right player to play last night though

It's nothing to do with space, as you've just described he's got all of the technical ability to operate in small spaces.

Mahrez's problems are all mental and have been since the day he arrived at the club. This was his big pay day, he went from Ligue 2 in 2014 to signing a £55m guaranteed contract in 2018 and it completely killed whatever drive he had before.

All of his issues are to do with attitude. He doesn't work very hard, he is greedy, he's too casual, he just doesn't care most of the time. When he does show up with the right mindset, he can be brilliant, but it's rare.

Honestly if there was any game where you could guarantee Mahrez would not want to be there and put in a shit performance, playing away to a League 2 team in the FA Cup with half the team rested is it, and I don't know why the management didn't recognise that - maybe they don't care and just needed to rest Bernardo more than they needed a good performance at RW.

Whilst I agree absolutely with the rest of your points, I don't agree with the first sentence. It is to do with space as well as all the other things, as the lack of it (space) brings into play his lack of determination and mental and physical weakness. Defenders with the security of a colleague in relatively close proximity, are able to get tighter to him than they might ordinarily without having to commit themselves, and all the flair in the world doesn't then compensate for the lack of pace, the physical inability to hold those opponents off or the lack of mental resolve to then get involved in a tussle for the ball.
I'm tired of him I know that. Advance towards full back at barely more than walking pace, left footed step over, try to take the ball on the outside with his right foot, cross blocked by touch tight defender, or (under greater pressure) harmlessly run it out over the deadball line. And rinse and repeat. He's greedy, he slows us down, he's got a heart the size of a field mouse, and at the age of (nearly) 30, it's hard to see any of that changing.

I think it’s time to refresh our entire front line and Mahrez and should be the first casualty

Hes have been here long enough and given plenty of opportunity to nail down a position.

For all his obvious talent he should offer far more to the team in terms of goals and assists but far too often he just passes the ball back where it came from.

His decision making was poor when he arrived and that hasn’t improved either.

We should be able to recoup £50-60m in my opinion and it’s time we cut our losses.

Fantastic ability and the best first touch I think I’ve ever seen but isn’t right for city.

We’ve got no chance of getting that kind of money for Mahrez, given the wages he’s on and the fact he’s 30 in a month.

We’re going to have to accept a hit on him to get rid this summer, and may well end up having to chuck a load of cash at him to cover a drop in wages like we did with Otamendi - but that shouldn’t stop us.

He offers so little whenever he plays he must drive a perfectionist like Pep crazy.

Shame, as he’s a very talented player - but sometimes you just need to accept it hasn’t worked and move on.

We’ll need to do the same with Mendy this summer too.

We’ve got no chance of getting that kind of money for Mahrez, given the wages he’s on and the fact he’s 30 in a month.

We’re going to have to accept a hit on him to get rid this summer, and may well end up having to chuck a load of cash at him to cover a drop in wages like we did with Otamendi - but that shouldn’t stop us.

He offers so little whenever he plays he must drive a perfectionist like Pep crazy.

Shame, as he’s a very talented player - but sometimes you just need to accept it hasn’t worked and move on.

We’ll need to do the same with Mendy this summer too.
Ok maybe £60m is a bit optimistic but why would we let him go for any less than £40-50m?

Contract til 2023 so we’re under no pressure to sell, 2 premier leagues, an fa cup and 2 league cups, prem player of the season, all the ability in the world and at the peak of his career (hes the same age as DeBruyne)

He’s not suited to city but that doesn’t mean he isn’t still a fantastic player who would likely thrive at a different club.

United for example would be desperate to buy him for that kind of money and pretty sure he’d be a success there with their style of counter attacking football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.