Firefox 85

Citizen of Legoland

Anyone using Firefox and just had it updated? Mine has just done it and now it blocks the ads and any embedded content (Twitter etc).

Just can't for the life of me work out how to allow it. Have tried switching the Enhanced Tracking Protection off for everything, adding bluemoon as an exception etc.

Have a suspicion it's something to do with handling "supercookies". If it can't be done then what's everyone's suggested browsers?

UPDATE:
Have fixed the embedded content problem, it was due to a DuckDuckGo extension. Still missing ads and I don't have an adblocker running.

Anyone using Firefox and just had it updated? Mine has just done it and now it blocks the ads and any embedded content (Twitter etc).

Just can't for the life of me work out how to allow it. Have tried switching the Enhanced Tracking Protection off for everything, adding bluemoon as an exception etc.

Have a suspicion it's something to do with handling "supercookies". If it can't be done then what's everyone's suggested browsers?
I've just installed Firefox 85 and ads are displaying fine for me, by default. Are you on a PC or Mac?

I've just installed Firefox 85 and ads are displaying fine for me, by default. Are you on a PC or Mac?
It's very odd, Ric. I've only been using Firefox for a few weeks and had everything set up with defaults. There's no extensions added but the only thing I have done is changed my search engine from Google to DuckDuckGo (I only had to do that because Google search was starting to ask me to verify myself using that awful "I am not a robot" picture click thing - no idea why). That installed the DDG Privacy extension which blocked the embedded content but I have removed that. Other websites are having ads blocked too but I'll have a proper look when I can, the exception thing for BM might work now.

I'm on a PC.

It's very odd, Ric. I've only been using Firefox for a few weeks and had everything set up with defaults. There's no extensions added but the only thing I have done is changed my search engine from Google to DuckDuckGo (I only had to do that because Google search was starting to ask me to verify myself using that awful "I am not a robot" picture click thing - no idea why). That installed the DDG Privacy extension which blocked the embedded content but I have removed that. Other websites are having ads blocked too but I'll have a proper look when I can, the exception thing for BM might work now.

I'm on a PC.
I have to use a legacy version of FF for work purposes (57.9, it's horrible) so can't check directly but it sounds like they're going heavily down the privacy route now. If you don't have too many bookmarks (presumably you can export & import back anyway?) I'd try a full reset of the browser to default settings.

I have to use a legacy version of FF for work purposes (57.9, it's horrible) so can't check directly but it sounds like they're going heavily down the privacy route now. If you don't have too many bookmarks (presumably you can export & import back anyway?) I'd try a full reset of the browser to default settings.
Yes, that's an option. This new version was only released 3 days ago but I got the update pushed through this morning.

1611930918976.png
I think the "Strict" option here might cause issues with Ads (and also social media link embedding).

I know FF tries quite hard to protect the user when on Facebook properities.

FF 85 - introduced further protection against 'super cookies'

View attachment 9233
I think the "Strict" option here might cause issues with Ads (and also social media link embedding).

I know FF tries quite hard to protect the user when on Facebook properities.

FF 85 - introduced further protection against 'super cookies'
Cheers JASR. I did try all that but it didn't make any difference. Just rebooted a second time and the ads are back so looks like it just needed to finalise something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.