The FTSE

AMC closed at $13.00 ! Incredible.

Anything on closing for AMC above $9 today and all the calls expire in the money and market makers will be forced to buy shares back at a premium. Monday will see the price rocket officially starting the AMC short squeeze.

AMC to the fucking moon boys. £££££££££

Anything on closing for AMC above $9 today and all the calls expire in the money and market makers will be forced to buy shares back at a premium. Monday will see the price rocket officially starting the AMC short squeeze.

How much do you realistically think these will get to on monday onwards? I know fuck all about stocks and shares but put 1k into AMC

Diamond hands

Edit; I have no idea what I'm taking about. To alpha centauri!

Split it into 2 or 3 well managed active funds
As I understand it, actively managed funds do worse in the long term on average than index funds though. And it also seems like there's no real way of distinguishing between skill and luck in deciding which is a well-managed fund.

What sort of return is everyone typically getting annually?

As I understand it, actively managed funds do worse in the long term on average than index funds though. And it also seems like there's no real way of distinguishing between skill and luck in deciding which is a well-managed fund.

That’s pretty much correct. I’d estimate an index tracker will beat in the region of 90% of managed funds, but there are funds that have a track record of beating the index. Check out the Baillie Gifford American fund. The fund returned over 100% in 2020. From memory, Morgan Stanley & Black Rock have a few decent ones too.

Obviously, those types of returns mentioned above are outliers but there are decent well managed funds out there

There’s going to be some big winners and losers on the short squeezes, but it won’t all be the hedge funds. It’s fun to watch but I haven’t been getting involved there. There’s some really good value out there at the minute in the FTSE. I like defence, with everything going on they still announced the biggest commitment to the sector ever last year.

- Babcock is extremely low (recovered from 200 to about 233 already) but there market cap of 1.1bn puts them in takeover territory - 603 a year ago today. Profit warnings on some of their programmes though.

- BAE systems is down at 462 and still managed to 23.2p dividend in 2020. They delayed the final 2019 dividend but caught up. Nearly a 5% return on the dividend alone and I’d expect the price to recover too. They’ve steadily dropped from 500 along with the FTSE in the last two weeks.

- Rolls Royce - 92! A little more cautious about Rolls because of they’re cash issues but the price is so volatile there’s good money to be made short-term for traders and you’d expect long-term for investors they’ll still be around. Less defence I suppose and more impacted by civil flying but the vaccine really should see it it. Perhaps a safer bet is IAG because of their Qatar backing and access to cash? Fun to watch at least.

The best performing actively managed funds will out perform trackers but you’re right, it can be a bit of a lottery choosing which funds to go with. Lumping into last years best performer can be the equivalent of putting a fielder into the spot the batsman has just skied one to but there are funds that perform consistently well over a number of years (past performance is no guarantee etc)

I’ve only had my funds for a couple of years since taking my lump sum and while I can’t specify annual returns I have got typical returns of 30-50% since opening them

Have a look at Cathie Woods ARK funds, IF you’re entertaining actively managed funds. I have a few bucks stashed away in there, but you have to be able to live with 3% daily moves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.