Title Race 2020/21

IMO there's only four teams that could potentially stop us: Liverpool, United, Spurs or Leicester.

I
The maximum amount of points we can get is 98.

Rest of the top 10:

Leicester 93
Man Utd 92
Liverpool 91
Tottenham 90
Everton 90
West Ham 89
Villa 89
Chelsea 84
Arsenal 82

Arsenal and Chelsea are too far back to pose a threat.

Villa, West Ham and Everton don't have the strength in depth.

IMO there's only four teams that could potentially stop us: Liverpool, United, Spurs or Leicester.

I don't think we can completely rule out Spurs yet because 8 points can easily be overturned as we have proven on numerous occasions ourselves, and they do have two world class forwards and a good squad overall. Then again, this is Spurs we're talking about.

Leicester are a really good side who are probably punching above their weight. They've obviously won the league before so nothing is impossible but we are a far better side than we were that year. Again, can't rule them out but you would be surprised if we surrendered the 5 point gap we currently have over them.

United undoubtedly have a lot of quality in their squad but they've had quite a bit of luck which has put them in a slightly false position. They also rely so heavily on one player in Fernandes that if anything were to happen to him then any chance they have would be gone. Ultimately, their downfall will probably be the fact that they don't have a manager capable of winning the league.

Liverpool are still our main threats. They have the manager, the squad, the title winning experience and are the only side who can put together a run like the one we're currently on. Lack of options in central defence should see them drop more silly points in games you'd expect them to win. I think they're also suffering from burnout after operating at such a high intensity for the past two seasons.

I'm not taking anything for granted but given our track record for winning every title race we're involved in, coupled with our rock solid defence, we're in a very favourable position.
I'm taking nothing for granted either, however from the 4 you've named.

Spurs without Kane will be found wanting - and I don't believe the reports he'll be back mid-Feb based on his history with ankle injuries (the reason I wouldn't sign him if we had the chance)

Leicester - same really, no Vardy and they struggle as they have today. I'm not saying Leeds are a pushover, but it's a game they have to win at this stage.

United - difficult one as the Norwegian Gnome seems to have stumbled across something that seems to work (although it might just be they've been consistent against the lesser sides)

Liverpool - still the major threat, the game at Klanfield could be pivotal. If we win there I wonder if the man with the fabulous teeth might move his sights to other trophies??

With all the above said, with the squad we have and the winning mentality currently, I believe it's ours to lose.

Leicester will fall by the wayside
United the same
If City beat Liverpool next week then it’s a massive step to the title

I

I'm taking nothing for granted either, however from the 4 you've named.

Spurs without Kane will be found wanting - and I don't believe the reports he'll be back mid-Feb based on his history with ankle injuries (the reason I wouldn't sign him if we had the chance)

Leicester - same really, no Vardy and they struggle as they have today. I'm not saying Leeds are a pushover, but it's a game they have to win at this stage.

United - difficult one as the Norwegian Gnome seems to have stumbled across something that seems to work (although it might just be they've been consistent against the lesser sides)

Liverpool - still the major threat, the game at Klanfield could be pivotal. If we win there I wonder if the man with the fabulous teeth might move his sights to other trophies??

With all the above said, with the squad we have and the winning mentality currently, I believe it's ours to lose.
Lots of pretenders but for me only Liverpool the real threat. We can win games without Sergio and Kev 2 matchwinners on any given day. We look hungry again and have got newer players eager to be winners as well

Since lots of people wrote the dippers off, they have gone to spurs and west ham and won.
We need to make sure we don't get beat at anfield next week.

Annoyingly the Scousers won again.

Looks like it's between us and them again.

The match at Anfield next week is a 6 pointer.

We have to turn up for once and get a result. Even if that is a draw.

That aside.

Looks like a CL place is starting to look assured.

9 points in-front of West Ham, who are 4th, with a game in hand.

Since lots of people wrote the dippers off, they have gone to spurs and west ham and won.
We need to make sure we don't get beat at anfield next week.
A West Ham and Spurs side who sat back and let Liverpool do what they want :( decked that both teams never really tested a makeshift defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.