Cornwall

Beautiful place
We stay in Perranporth when we go. A few beers in The Watering Hole on a summer's day. Can't beat it.
Padstow. A necessity.
Kynance Cove is out of this world.

Can't wait to get back down there.

Beautiful place
We stay in Perranporth when we go. A few beers in The Watering Hole on a summer's day. Can't beat it.
Padstow. A necessity.
Kynance Cove is out of this world.

Can't wait to get back down there.
Used to go to Perranporth as kids, staying in the hotel that sat up on the bluff above the broad expanse of beach. It was notable for the carved out swimming pool that is in the rocks on the beach (Chapel Rock Pool), which we always found a little scary, tbh!

The hotel was cool as they had an out building with a Ping Pong Table. At night, we would play in there at night while Mum & Dad were putting a few away in the Lounge.

Good memories!

B1E06FE5-C0C2-4B4C-B2EE-FA3CCE36C38B.jpeg

Used to go to Perranporth as kids, staying in the hotel that sat up on the bluff above the broad expanse of beach. It was notable for the carved out swimming pool that is in the rocks on the beach (Chapel Rock Pool), which we always found a little scary, tbh!

The hotel was cool as they had an out building with a Ping Pong Table. At night, we would play in there at night while Mum & Dad were putting a few away in the Lounge.

Good memories
The Ponsmere? Had a few jars in that hotel over the years. It's not there anymore. It's apartments now. Expensive ones at that!

Love the place been going for 4 years and already booked for this, my mates mum and dad have got a place in Hayle near St Ives 5 minutes walk from the beach, 15 minute drive from St Ives. Weve got small ones and they love Porthcurno beach, St Michaels Mount, Minack Theatre, St Ives, Newquay is beautiful but rammed.

Always set off at 5am ish and try to do it in 1 hit, on the way back have our tea and set off about 8ish home and in bed in Chadderton before 1am easy

In the late 60s the M6 only went to the north of Birmingham, the M5 did not exist, so we used to travel across country, mainly on the A34, we would stop in a layby and sleep overnight before reaching Cornwall, so todays journey may seem bad, but as a kid it was a real trek, i don't know how my Dad did it. I always think about those times when we go down to Cornwall, Love the place, and go every year. The sea is Blue ,and the Sky is Blue, what's not to like.

In the late 60s the M6 only went to the north of Birmingham, the M5 did not exist, so we used to travel across country, mainly on the A34, we would stop in a layby and sleep overnight before reaching Cornwall, so todays journey may seem bad, but as a kid it was a real trek, i don't know how my Dad did it. I always think about those times when we go down to Cornwall, Love the place, and go every year. The sea is Blue ,and the Sky is Blue, what's not to like.
In a Hillman Minx ha

A couple of trips were in a Ford Anglia, Mum Dad, me and my two older brothers, i always had to sit in the middle of the back seat, so trying to sleep was difficult, but somehow we did. It was worth it, love Cornwall everyone should try it, i have been going for a lifetime, some great memories.

Love the place been going for 4 years and already booked for this, my mates mum and dad have got a place in Hayle near St Ives 5 minutes walk from the beach, 15 minute drive from St Ives. Weve got small ones and they love Porthcurno beach, St Michaels Mount, Minack Theatre, St Ives, Newquay is beautiful but rammed.

Always set off at 5am ish and try to do it in 1 hit, on the way back have our tea and set off about 8ish home and in bed in Chadderton before 1am easy
We do the same, travel wise. In my 30's used to go at 2am and get a breakfast at the Dolphin Cafe in Perranporth. Like an extra days holiday. 2019 I went last time, and decided to take it a bit more easy. Left after morning rush hour and stopped over in Bridgford for the night at a premier inn. Did the last 2 hours first thing next morning. Although it cost more for the stay, plus a pub meal etc, it didn't halg make the journey easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.