Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet despite that they generally have, give or take a few million, the same wage bill as us. So either they're massively overpaying their core players, or they're massively overpaying players they never use.

Think its a mixture of both. This is their payroll apparently

No surprises who their top earners are but look at players like Henderson,Milner, Ketia and Oxlade-Chamberlain. They are all on nearly £150,00 a week

Oh dear.
Yeah, I was just thinking last night that they've been too reliant on too few players for too long. It worked for a while of course and they were fantastic for 2 seasons but they haven't strengthened enough during that time. I appreciate they're missing 3 CBs but aside from Van Dijk who is quality, Matip and Gomez are nowhere near good enough to partner him on a regular basis.

I said a few months ago that whatever the reasons for their drop-off in results compared to the previous 2 seasons, maintaining 97,98,99, and 100 points a season form (as we and they both did between us) is impossible and it will eventually only go one way. We found that out last season and they're finding it out this season. The key is how you address it to try and get back to something close to those levels. I don't want to get ahead of myself but there are clear signs that we might just be doing that, but if Liverpool's slump continues and they don't retain the title this season, will they be able to similarly re-invigorate their squad? I can't see their owners suddenly stumping up £100-£150 million for new players so the only realistic way they may be able to do it is to sell one of their biggest assets for stupid money (Salah?) and using the money for a re-build of sorts. That's been their strategy in the recent past - and it's worked quite well for them - but there are no guarantees that it can keep working, plus will Klopp have the appetite to stick around and oversee it like Pep has?
In this current climate, which club is going to shell out £100 million on No Salad or the Kung-fu artist?

It doesn’t seem like the Spanish "giants" have that sort of money to splash around, nor do any of the top Italian sides.

We all know about the rags' financial troubles. After last summer's splurge, Chelsea are unlikely to spend much and we all know that we won’t pay that much for one player.

That doesn’t leave many options, so it looks like Littlewoods might be stuck with them, unless they drop the asking price.

If you want to know what’s happening at City then read the Liverpool Echo. But we aren’t their rivals and nobody cares about ickle Citeh
On Sunday where the Echo twitter feed will probably show your team coach route in full detail. If not I will go on the Merseyside Police one instead

Oh dear.

In this current climate, which club is going to shell out £100 million on No Salad or the Kung-fu artist?

It doesn’t seem like the Spanish "giants" have that sort of money to splash around, nor do any of the top Italian sides.

We all know about the rags' financial troubles. After last summer's splurge, Chelsea are unlikely to spend much and we all know that we won’t pay that much for one player.

That doesn’t leave many options, so it looks like Littlewoods might be stuck with them, unless they drop the asking price.
True enough. I suppose they've always got the Coutinho money though ;)

Oh dear.

Not that we will, but if we bought Mo Salah, just imagine their reaction. Swap Mahrez for Salah, just imagine the enjoyment..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.