Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

Just watched the Fast 9 trailer.

Not even sorry, it looks brilliant!

But that's what Superhero movies are, aren't they? Maybe the Nolan stuff aside, you pretty much expect to sit there and be entertained. The Whedon one wasn't that entertaining.

To an extent yes, but some films give you that emotional connection to the characters. others don't. I just tend to not get any emotional links with the Snyder films ( and most of the modern DC movies ) .

Agreed The Whedon Justice league wasn't good at all but it was some strange middle ground where he tried to make a film using a lot of existing footage and script. so never really felt right, it was torn in 2 directions. the original snyder script being dark ( as they usually are in the DC world ) are mixed with Whedon's quick quips etc.

That being said, When you watch the Marvel movies you do feel attached to the characters at lot more in the most part ( Captain Marvel im looking at you! ) . Or I do at least. there's no way I would have sat through a near 10 year story arc if I didn't.

DC wise there TVerse ( Early Arrow+Flash, The Titans ) is better for it than there movieverse at the moment. I hope it changes, I really do as Sup's was my childhood go to super hero.

I'm not sure why "WW 1984" gets such a hard time.

For me, it seems like an interesting curve still along the pathway of 'Diana'. Remember she's seen a LOT of fighting and centuries of war. So, in my mind, for her to take a different path made a lot sense.

I think Patty Jenkins was well aware of her intentions for this film and, sadly, she misread the die-hard canon followers of DC. But I, myself, appreciated 'WW' being able to take a different pathway other than always fighting. The stereotype is that women would rather find another way than succumb to violence.

In time, it may well come to be seen as breakthrough, unappreciated at the time of release.

I thought it was terrible, sorry mate, and im a fan of superhero films! Main villain was so dull, and I love the actor, set pieces very, very corny and the overwhelming sentiment in her speech at the end was comically trite... sorry man! Not to mention the Cheetah character. So bad. I enjoyed the first one too btw, just thought this flopped every single landing.

But that's what Superhero movies are, aren't they? Maybe the Nolan stuff aside, you pretty much expect to sit there and be entertained. The Whedon one wasn't that entertaining.

Sorry, I've got say Nolan is the biggest myth in the game!

Where Snyder might be bit simplistic with his writing, but delivers on visuals, Nolan over complicates his writing and delivers poor translation in visuals.

I find him terrible and I'm really reluctant to watch any film directed by him as I ALWAYS regret it after!!

I thought it was terrible, sorry mate, and im a fan of superhero films! Main villain was so dull, and I love the actor, set pieces very, very corny and the overwhelming sentiment in her speech at the end was comically trite... sorry man! Not to mention the Cheetah character. So bad. I enjoyed the first one too btw, just thought this flopped every single landing.

No, that's fair enough.

I like when someone tries to do something different with a character, I think.

It's probably why I don't mind when genders/ race can be reversed/ replaced.

There's always an interesting slant with it.

I mean I wonder if Snyder/ whomever would be brave enough to introduce 'Calvin Ellis' into the fray and buck the trend through the multiverse?

I’ve just ordered The Shining on blu-ray. I already have it on the same format but I never realised there’s a 144 minute original cut.

Haha yes. I thought it was light hearted fun.
Agreed, not sure if its just the fact I rate Zach Levi as an actor but It was a decent light hearted movie.
I didn't hate it, just thought it was ok. I get it was aimed at a certain audience, but i think they over-simplified a lot on purpose. A bit like they did with Aquaman, which was DAFT.

To an extent yes, but some films give you that emotional connection to the characters. others don't. I just tend to not get any emotional links with the Snyder films ( and most of the modern DC movies ) .

Agreed The Whedon Justice league wasn't good at all but it was some strange middle ground where he tried to make a film using a lot of existing footage and script. so never really felt right, it was torn in 2 directions. the original snyder script being dark ( as they usually are in the DC world ) are mixed with Whedon's quick quips etc.

That being said, When you watch the Marvel movies you do feel attached to the characters at lot more in the most part ( Captain Marvel im looking at you! ) . Or I do at least. there's no way I would have sat through a near 10 year story arc if I didn't.

DC wise there TVerse ( Early Arrow+Flash, The Titans ) is better for it than there movieverse at the moment. I hope it changes, I really do as Sup's was my childhood go to super hero.
I think Snyder's style is to overpower you with visuals, it works sometimes. Although i watched a YouTube breakdown of the comparison of why Avengers worked and why JL failed and it was more storytelling than visuals. Hopefully he can recreate some scenes that give some depth to characters and relationships that haven't been there.

Titans has been great, i also liked Doom Patrol which was the spin off from Titans.

My favourite character that i wish could have a proper movie is Silver Surfer, the animated series of his was great but i just don't think him and Galactus transfer well to live action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.