Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

The names Bond,
Jane Bond...

No 'Bond' being used for this character, actually (I know you were being facetious), but a totally new addition.

Looking forward to a LOGICAL move forward in the franchise using the code name.

This means a character can be offed and re-birthed whenever a fair run has been exhausted.

I've argued this before and I think it's the right way to go.

So, some time ago there was a discussion on the next phase of the 'Bond' franchise and what it should be.

Should the character be Black, White, a man or a woman?

Many argued for tradition and some argued that '007' was just a code number that anyone can have.

It seems the latter has been acted upon now, thanks to Waller-Bridge and Craig.

'007', apparently, will both be Black AND a woman; actress Lashana Lynch who played 'Monica Rambeau' in "Captain Marvel".

Cue online racists, hair ripping, dogs kicked and plenty of plates smashed in protest...
A right load of bollocks to appease and pander to the PC crowd.

Have a black/gay/transgender/female/Martian.....play a secret agent by all means,just don't fuck with an institution for nothing other than effect.

No 'Bond' being used for this character, actually (I know you were being facetious), but a totally new addition.

Looking forward to a LOGICAL move forward in the franchise using the code name.

This means a character can be offed and re-birthed whenever a fair run has been exhausted.

I've argued this before and I think it's the right way to go.
Invariable Bond is action though, and action films are usually male dominated, just can’t see a woman been able to carry the franchise, sorry but, she comes up against a Jaws character in a fist fight she’s fucked, unless it’s Bella Emberg. I can’t think of a female action star who would be able to do this.

Wow, didn't know a code name could only be assigned to a stringent demographic...

tbf the code name is 007, the man name is james bond.

Couldn't give a shite personally if he is black, white, asian, but he is a bloke.

They could just update it and have him die or retire and his daughter(he probably has 100s of kids if honest) be a junior agent unknown to bond and M let her take over the 007 mantle, after all bond must be about 70 by now and up for retirement.

Invariable Bond is action though, and action films are usually male dominated, just can’t see a woman been able to carry the franchise, sorry but, she comes up against a Jaws character in a fist fight she’s fucked, unless it’s Bella Emberg. I can’t think of a female action star who would be able to do this.

Whilst I get that, we are seeing more women doing quite impressive action films, "Lucy", "Atomic Blonde", "Anna" to name a few in an incredibly small pool.

I think this new alleged version of '007' will do much to push the boundary forward.

Men have to train in martial arts to make-believe a character as believable, why not a woman?

tbf the code name is 007, the man name is james bond.

Couldn't give a shite personally if he is black, white, asian, but he is a bloke.

They could just update it and have him die or retire and his daughter(he probably has 100s of kids if honest) be a junior agent unknown to bond and M let her take over the 007 mantle, after all bond must be about 70 by now and up for retirement.

Well, logic would point to retirement thus giving up the code name. 'James Bond', in this incarnation, will always remain a man.

Time to move forward.

Well, logic would point to retirement thus giving up the code name. 'James Bond', in this incarnation, will always remain a man.

Time to move forward.
That's the galactical point you are missing,Bond was never intended to be anything other than what he is,an institutionalised,emotionless,womanising,male killer - as such his character is dated but also timeless,and shouldn't be interfered with for the cheap reasons i previously stated.

That's the galactical point you are missing,Bond was never intended to be anything other than what he is,an institutionalised,emotionless,womanising,male killer - as such his character is dated but also timeless,and shouldn't be interfered with for the cheap reasons i previously stated.

I will have to insert some logic here:

If 'Bond' is an "institutionalised,emotionless,womanising,male killer" nothing changes in that definition of the man. That would be him.

He wasn't born with the code name; he doesn't own it.

It's 'MI6' property so they give to whom they deem worthy of that code.

So, some time ago there was a discussion on the next phase of the 'Bond' franchise and what it should be.

Should the character be Black, White, a man or a woman?

Many argued for tradition and some argued that '007' was just a code number that anyone can have.

It seems the latter has been acted upon now, thanks to Waller-Bridge and Craig.

'007', apparently, will both be Black AND a woman; actress Lashana Lynch who played 'Monica Rambeau' in "Captain Marvel".

Cue online racists, hair ripping, dogs kicked and plenty of plates smashed in protest...
Ridiculous.... Somethings should not change.
Can you imagine a female Doctor Who?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.