Last Film You Saw

21 bridges with Chadwick worth a watch

Do you fucking mind?

BaGxH7SIAAAtQrJ.jpg

Twist
Dickens after being Guy Ritchie'd into modern day London by someone who isn't Guy Ritchie and thinks parkour is cool.

I find it problematic. The two younger leads are pretty good, Michael Caine is obviously fine as Fagin, Lena Headey as Sikes is a bit weird, and there is entirely unnecessary casting of Rita Ora (not a great actress).
The pacing is episodic, some is great, some is less good - some heist caper, some just crazy violence.

There is however an absolutely brilliant sight gag from another Dickens novel.

It's about a 6.5 maybe, as it doesn't outstay its welcome.

NB: Contains Walliams, who doesn't help the film's aspirations.

Watched Parasite on Sunday night. Well worthy of the awards. Absolutely brilliant film. Great characters, great script and the fact it was foreign probably enhanced the story if anything. There have been a lot of artsy films that have done well in the Best Picture or Director category over the past 5-10 years which I've not shared the same praise for. But this is a brilliant film that keeps you engaged from start to end.

Followed it up with watching The Gentlemen last night. Had forgotten all about it and Hugh Grant was a big surprise to see in it, playing a very different role but as he looks about 140 these days, one that suited him. Good story, great script and a good bit of violence of course as well. Enjoyable.

Both are on prime for anyone who hasn't seen them.

The Eichmann Show... (on iPlayer), Obviously very serious but very good I thought

and to completely contrast

Shaft... Samuel L is always food and did like the fact Richard Roundtree was in it. Very enjoyable.

But best of the lot have seen in last week

The Trial of The Chicago 7..... Having watched the Black Panther documentary film and various stuff around Vietnam & Watergate it all fitted together. I still couldn't believe that the events of the trial were actually true. Excellent film
Even worse I found out in the Chicago 7 the black guy who,was bound and gagged in real life was kept like that for a week in court!

Possessor- very gory and a bit of a head fuck

St maude - not a horror film more about mental illness and loneliness

Even worse I found out in the Chicago 7 the black guy who,was bound and gagged in real life was kept like that for a week in court!
Yes, I kept on wondering what was true and what was made up. The judge was just incredible. I laughed and then thought this simply cannot be true........and getting a little political...and they reckon that Anne Sacoolas wouldn't get a fair trial in the UK!!!
If you haven't seen it already check out The Black Panthers:Vanguard of a Revolution. Taught me an awful lot I didn't know and the stuff about the death of Fred Hampton fits so much with the times

Yes, I kept on wondering what was true and what was made up. The judge was just incredible. I laughed and then thought this simply cannot be true........and getting a little political...and they reckon that Anne Sacoolas wouldn't get a fair trial in the UK!!!
If you haven't seen it already check out The Black Panthers:Vanguard of a Revolution. Taught me an awful lot I didn't know and the stuff about the death of Fred Hampton fits so much with the times
Cheers mate will do and ye that judge was unreal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.