#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
felt he was a bit shaky in the first half, that foul on kane was a bit dodgy. improved second half and was good.
I mean it's nitpicking, but even Pep pointed it out. And that's not good. But other than the bad free kick, he was very good.

If he is content to fight for a starting berth and not become a poisonous presence because of such,then fantastic.....as i dont see another club with such depth of talent.

He did ok last night,a bit of rustiness was to be expected.

Dias and Stones every time. They have the connection and the chemistry. Laporte no 3. It will cause us a problem because I don’t think he will accept no 3.

Stones and Laporte both have very patchy injury records and we can't expect Dias to play every single game. In a 60+ game season there should be more than enough games to go around, and that's before we even factor in the idea that they probably won't all be injury free at the same time for some periods.

All three of them are top class and I really hope the manager can work with them all to get them comfortable playing in different combinations and develop an understanding with eachother. If you rotate them all, that's 40 games each which is plenty!

Stones and Laporte both have very patchy injury records and we can't expect Dias to play every single game. In a 60+ game season there should be more than enough games to go around, and that's before we even factor in the idea that they probably won't all be injury free at the same time for some periods.

All three of them are top class and I really hope the manager can work with them all to get them comfortable playing in different combinations and develop an understanding with eachother. If you rotate them all, that's 40 games each which is plenty!
Yes, it should be mate. Just hope Laporte sees it like that.

there's enough games and if Laporte is going to play well enough for us to win 3-0 against Spurs rather than lose it because of his mistakes then he'll be trusted to give Dias and Stones a break in more games, and there may be games where his attributes are a specific attacking weapon to be used.

Yes, it should be mate. Just hope Laporte sees it like that.

He seems to have this reputation as being a difficult character but he just seems pretty unassuming to me. And even when he's out of the squad or struggling with injury, he's usually bigging up his team mates and celebrating our wins on social media. He's not one of those that seems not care about what's happening when he's out of the team. I can't see why 3 players for 2 positions should leave anyone feeling pushed out. The attacking players don't seem to mind a bit of rotation and there's some pretty big names at that end of the pitch.

He seems to have this reputation as being a difficult character but he just seems pretty unassuming to me. And even when he's out of the squad or struggling with injury, he's usually bigging up his team mates and celebrating our wins on social media. He's not one of those that seems not care about what's happening when he's out of the team. I can't see why 3 players for 2 positions should leave anyone feeling pushed out. The attacking players don't seem to mind a bit of rotation and there's some pretty big names at that end of the pitch.
Maybe I interpret his personality a little differently. He seems to me quite self reliant and a little distanced from the rest of the team. Maybe I'm completely wrong. I'm glad he played well on Saturday and put the Spurs thing to bed. He is clearly an excellent CB and hope that he does stay and accept rotation. It would be pretty awesome to have three or maybe even four CB's that are just as secure and comfortable playing with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.