Self catering holiday lets and Large hotels to open

This is half the problem with lockdown. Baseless headlines about what someone 'wants' to happen spalshed all over the front pages and then taken as gospel by the reader.
Classic, elementary politics. Leak or hint strongly, gauge response, monitor developments, announce policy. If reaction or subsequent out-turns are negative say it was never under serious consideration. The footballing equivalent of “ we never wanted him anyway”. If positive, it’s helped people to plan.

Nowt wrong with it. I hope we are indeed on course for Easter. Holiday cottages are easy to keep safe.

Pubs,clubs, restaurants and cafes can wait,just get my holiday home park open in April,£3,500 a year site fees is alot of money to keep paying without being able to go.

Yes we do. Opening self catering and hotels, in fact any business is devolved.
Ah right. Didn't realise you were talking about Scotland.
This is 6 hours old

Staycations and summer holidays​

Nicola Sturgeon warned holidays abroad this summer are off the cards but suggested staycations could be possible.

She said it is unlikely that hotels and holiday accommodation would be open again in time for people to book any sort of Easter break.

The First Minister also warned Scots against booking holidays this Easter as it was unlikely the tourist industry will have fully reopened by then.

She added: "We are likely to advise against booking Easter holidays, either overseas or within Scotland, as it is highly unlikely that we will have been able to fully open hotels or self catering accommodation by then.

"However, for the summer, while it is still highly unlikely that overseas holidays will be possible or advisable, staycations might be - but this will depend on the data nearer the time."

Ah right. Didn't realise you were talking about Scotland.
This is 6 hours old

Staycations and summer holidays​

Nicola Sturgeon warned holidays abroad this summer are off the cards but suggested staycations could be possible.

She said it is unlikely that hotels and holiday accommodation would be open again in time for people to book any sort of Easter break.

The First Minister also warned Scots against booking holidays this Easter as it was unlikely the tourist industry will have fully reopened by then.

She added: "We are likely to advise against booking Easter holidays, either overseas or within Scotland, as it is highly unlikely that we will have been able to fully open hotels or self catering accommodation by then.

"However, for the summer, while it is still highly unlikely that overseas holidays will be possible or advisable, staycations might be - but this will depend on the data nearer the time."
My personal guesstimate is 12 weeks from the 15 th of this month before much at all opens up tourism wise. By that time the first 4 /5 groups will have had their second dose groups 5-9 will have all had at least 1 dose. I doubt any part of the UK wants people moving about much before we are at that point. So that would be roughly the first half of May.
Maybe shops and restaurants April sometime but little else.

My personal guesstimate is 12 weeks from the 15 th of this month before much at all opens up tourism wise. By that time the first 4 /5 groups will have had their second dose groups 5-9 will have all had at least 1 dose. I doubt any part of the UK wants people moving about much before we are at that point. So that would be roughly the first half of May.
Maybe shops and restaurants April sometime but little else.
So, as was my point earlier, you do not have any clarity and the daily bastard mail headline is bollox.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.