Arsenal (A) Post Match thread

Wow, I’m watching the highlights on MOTD2. That header from Raz, but the pass from Mahrez...just out of this world for accuracy!
What a team, brilliant. I’ve watched them for so many years and I still feel as if I’m in a dream world! Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you Pep and especially thank you Sheikh Mansour.
I think this is Pep's best City team so far.

I think this is Pep's best City team so far.
In terms of balance in the side I agree.

I still think the 17/18 team was the most entertaining but this side seems more geared to winning the CL as well as clearing up domestically.

(not gonna mention the Q word)

I'd agree, but team wise, I think this is better, 18/19 was very good too, we're talking very fine margins though.
Yep. What can’t be argued (although I’m sure it will) is that if we win the league (likely) and the CL (very possible) this season then this is the greatest side in English history. We could even do better.

100 points (unprecedented)
Domestic quadruple (unprecedented)
Back to back titles
Champions of Europe and England (tbc)

No other English side comes close.

The 'didn't play to the normal level' comments are only relative. Most teams can only dream of playing as well as us when 'not at our best'. Fans of other clubs were dreaming of the last four games tripping us up. Dream on !!

Agreed. I don't think this is the best version of this team, and that Pep will see out his contract and leave us with a young, fantastic spine of a team that will keep us going for another five years.
Pep will stay for as long as he's happy and he's very happy. Don't think he's one of those guys that thinks 'Five-year project'. He's more interested in the here and now.

I love the fucking bitterness OOZING and SEEPING through the BBC "live" comments from "fans"... one fan said "controversial opinion, Manchester City are incredibly dull and boring to watch" or something to that effect. Hahahahahahahaha

Pep likes to keep the opposition manager guessing about formations before a game, even after he has issued his first 11 but poor Arteta was thrown a real curve ball with this team sheet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.