Arsenal (A) Post Match thread

That's quite simplistic given Bernardo looked a shadow of himself when he was flitted in and out if the side to accommodate.Gundogan also struggles when pushed out of position.

We are incredibly fortunate to have such an array of talent/options but its also an issue where our most creative and cohesive 11 are concerned.
It's definitely a question to be looked at.
KDB is a brilliant talent, one of the worlds best but it does seem at times as if Gundo & Bernie's main attributes are blunted when he's in the side.
Sometimes we can seem a bit one dimensional with Kev when he's not at his best & more fluid without him. That doesn't mean i'm saying we should drop him but he's not our only weapon anymore & that is something Pep will love, as we're not so reliant on KDB

I like to trust Pep to gel this talented trio. We showed we can be excellent without KdB. How goods a thought is that.

But remember we started this incredible run with KdB in the side. And to have him back for 60 min to build up his rhythm is more important than to expect an immediate click between these three. If that was the sole reason we were a bit less fluent yesterday. And that’s a big if.

Fernandinho was the best player on the pitch. How i wish we had a 23 year old version of him. The way he plays he could still play another couple of years i reckon and he is without doubt in my mind one of our best ever buys. Because he is surrounded with so many talented players he doesn't ever appear to get the accolades he deserves. On his day though he is one of the best at his role in the world.

As for the game, we cant be amazing every game, but we can be professional and yesterday we were ruthless defensively. Dias has had an impact way beyond what i expected and looks a steal now. He is still only young too. He is some player.

It was great to see Kev back, those minutes will do him the world of good and we are a far better team with him in it, because he offers us what very few players can. For me he is the first name on the team sheet if he is fit, everything else builds around him. For all the attributes of our midfielder's and there are many, Kev plays and it should be the job of the others to work around that.

Zincho continues to impress, he is a clever footballer. I was watching the game on Sport TV2 from Portugal and the commentator kept getting him and Kev mixed up, very funny.

The run continues, it speaks volumes when we can go to Arsenal, win 1-0. be nowhere near our best but still look very comfortable'

10 wins out the League games remaining and we are champions even if every other team wins all there games. So we probably need 8 wins from 13 games. and we will win the league. I never really expected us to be in this position.

Ruben Dias is an outstanding footballer, this City defence is awesome, I never
thought that Pep would turn his team into the one with the best defence. Yes
we've all loved the brilliant attacking flair that's won so many titles, but a grinder against agricultural cloggers like Arsenal is a phenomenon I thought I wouldn't see.

It seems that playing KDB, Gundogan and Bernardo Silva all at the same time isn't ideal.

It didn't seem to work too badly at Chelsea when they all played and we absolutely hammered them, De Bruyne coming back after a month off and Gundogan not wanting to fully risk his groin is surely the reason it didn't look to click every time we had the ball yesterday.

Anyway fantastic resilience shown by the lads yesterday as people have mentioned a ridiculously tough run of fixtures have been negotiated over the last 2 and a half weeks with 5 difficult away games and Spurs at home, Stones Dias Fernandinho and Zinchenko inparticular excellent against Arsenal limiting a dangerous attacking side to the grand sum of fuck all clear cut chances

I love the fucking bitterness OOZING and SEEPING through the BBC "live" comments from "fans"... one fan said "controversial opinion, Manchester City are incredibly dull and boring to watch" or something to that effect. Hahahahahahahaha
Translation - "I am a United/Liverpool fan. Each time I watch City, I want them to lose, but the opposition don't get a kick. It's not fair.".

We went away to a Premier league team that's hit a bit of form, and despite us playing a game practically every three days for three months, got over the line without giving up a chance
I'd say, we managed the game well
Since this record-breaking winning 18 match run began at Southampton, we've played a game every 3.5 days.

The level of physical demand on the squad and every individual is enormous, unprecedented (I posted a couple of weeks ago with the relevant comparisons against the Preston and Arsenal teams that achieved the previous record of 14 consecutive wins.. actually, there is NO comparison to what City have achieved with what has been going on during the pandemic..)

This enormous level of physical demand, together with the ever-increasing psychological pressure of not wanting the winning run to end, will continue for the rest of the season.. indeed, between yesterday's game and Everton on 20 March, we still have to play every 3.5 days.

Every club in the Premier League has faced similar problems at various points during this unusual season. But none has played such relentless, consistent, 'out of this world' football as this squad.

And ('but 2') no team will ever achieve such a combination of results and quality of play all the while being so undervalued and often ignored by the national media.

Most consecutive wins across all competitions in one season (top European leagues):

Ajax 26 (71-72)
Real 22 (14-15)
Bayern 21 (19-20, 21th game was the CL final, Bayern won also the first 2 games of the next season)
City 18 (ongoing run)

Ajax and Bayern went on to win the European cup/CL, whereas Real had already won it and were about to dominate in Europe for the next few years. Hopefully bodes well for what's coming for City.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.