Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was outside the stadium when this happened. The Liverpool fans were baying for blood. I later spoke to a senior police officer near the turnstiles. He told me the police had been overwhelmed because of a "fuck-up by the higher-ups." He also said that a number of officers had been injured and the Liverpool fans had "behaved like animals." The incident was covered up. Merseyside Police are a disgrace and always have been. It is a cultural problem with that organisation. You saw the same thing outside the Pier Head last year.
Interesting to read that insight, cheers for posting.

They used horses to push us back into the walls while we were waiting & people were getting crushed. There was no trouble either so it's not like it was a tense situation. Just in case anyone needed convincing that Merseyside Police were a bunch of utter scumbags. Which they didn't.
There was a bad accident on the motorway that night. I got in approaching half time and got a parking ticket for my trouble.

My mates told me after the commentators were commenting that City hadn't even sold their end out because it was half empty at kick off.

I didn't see the bend but the whole thing was unprofessional. I felt sorry for the bobbies alongside the coach who were in the firing line just in their normal kit. It was negligent because the whole thing was foreseeable and the senior officers failed in their duty of care to City, to their own officers even to those watching on. There were messages on the Internet and fastened to lamp posts in the old fashioned way exhorting dippers to give a 'special' welcome and the intention was to put City of their game.
And of course there was little criticism in the media. As usual l ask what would have happened if the Liverpool bus had been in a similar situation at the Etihad.
Here it is

They used horses to push us back into the walls while we were waiting & people were getting crushed. There was no trouble either so it's not like it was a tense situation. Just in case anyone needed convincing that Merseyside Police were a bunch of utter scumbags. Which they didn't.

You should've worn your frock....

Backpedal, backpedal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.