Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the few times Pep and the board got it wrong. We should have got off the bus and told the UEFA rep that we were shook up and not in a fit state to play the match. It’s always said that games are decided by fine margins - and getting attacked prior to starting work would not be acceptable to any profession. If we had made a stand even the bent fu****** at UEFA would have had to act.
We allowed all concerned to brush it under the carpet.
I'm sorry but no less an authority than Martin Keown explained that City lacked the "champion's element in their makeup" in the way they responded. He asserted that his team mates in the Arsenal "invincibles"* (* = only in the 38 PL games, they lost at least once in every other competition) would have been "inspired" by the experience and he knew what it's like - he'd played at Anfield.

I'm sorry but no less an authority than Martin Keown explained that City lacked the "champion's element in their makeup" in the way they responded. He asserted that his team mates in the Arsenal "invincibles"* (* = only in the 38 PL games, they lost at least once in every other competition) would have been "inspired" by the experience and he knew what it's like - he'd played at Anfield.
This the same arsenal team that cried when they'd pizza thrown at them?

And yet none of the media mention the complete corrupt officiating over 2 legs, some of the worst i have seen. So the bus coach attack that we should have refused to play the game and made it an issue and the officiating, we never had a chance.

I think it's less to do with how (or not) the police might respond. You may get a few fans of most clubs carry on in an impromptu, spur of the moment or opportunist manner, but I very must doubt that any other club's supporters would orchestrate a "welcome" such that took place that night. It was planned with every intention of causing damage, why would anyone wish to do that?
How many City supporters would take their (very) little children to see such an event and lift them onto their shoulders so they could get a good view, presumably so that in later life they could relate the inspiring story to future generations?

Here it is

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen that particular clip before and it serves to reinforce the poor policing of the incident. It seems to be on the corner by the Arkles and the turn is off the dual carriage way into the short stretch up to the ground which would make an ideal ambush position with everything being quite narrow and compressed. The police should have had a plan B with a diversion of some sort.
The whole thing does not reflect well on the fans or the police but more so on the media who did little to condemn the animals.

Should never had played the match and liverpool were only 'fined' 17k still gets me angry that those scumbags got away Scot free. And yet in their minds they think we should all respect and love them. Fuck off !!
I am 60 and have never so much hate towards another football club than I did that night and I hate them more every day.
Exactly how I feel about them.

And yet none of the media mention the complete corrupt officiating over 2 legs, some of the worst i have seen. So the bus coach attack that we should have refused to play the game and made it an issue and the officiating, we never had a chance.
Totally spot on, I just said in another post. We could've been 4-2 up by the end of the first half in the second leg, instead we were 3-1 down.

Should never had played the match and liverpool were only 'fined' 17k still gets me angry that those scumbags got away Scot free. And yet in their minds they think we should all respect and love them. Fuck off !!
I am 60 and have never so much hate towards another football club than I did that night and I hate them more every day.
they joke about this & say it was a bottle of Kopperburg in all their true dipper wit yet when anyone mentions all them Italians they killed they either deny it ..blame Chelsea fans etc or say "you weren't there la".....imagine using that as their defence in court.....'your honour....with all due respect but you weren't fucken there la'....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.