Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's less to do with how (or not) the police might respond. You may get a few fans of most clubs carry on in an impromptu, spur of the moment or opportunist manner, but I very must doubt that any other club's supporters would orchestrate a "welcome" such that took place that night. It was planned with every intention of causing damage, why would anyone wish to do that?
Certainly they caused damage in much the same way as we get hooligan behaviour in any city town or even village.
Recent crowd behaviour saw a large crowd assembling at Daisy Nook to enjoy themselves despite social distancing regs.
The police decided too many people for any action so did nothing.
Every normal year London celebrates Notting Hill Carnival which involves police assembling a team to sort out criminal hoolaganism but all they get is to be attacked with very little allowed in the way of reciprocal action.
If a crowd contrives to break the law little can be done as the USA found recently to its cost when rabble attacked its Senate Buildings.

Certainly they caused damage in much the same way as we get hooligan behaviour in any city town or even village.
Recent crowd behaviour saw a large crowd assembling at Daisy Nook to enjoy themselves despite social distancing regs.
Every normal year London celebrates Notting Hill Carnival which involves police assembling a team to sort out criminal hoolaganism but all they get is to be attacked with very little allowed in the way of reciprocal action.
If a crowd contrives to break the law little can be done as the USA found recently to its cost when rabble attacked its Senate Buildings.
Nah, you just have to be willing to back up the police when they take off the gloves.

the police knew it was gonna happen weeks before & had footage of them not only bottling the coach but bottling the coach on top of 1 of their vans ffs

Nah, you just have to be willing to back up the police when they take off the gloves.
I agree entirely but who decides which battle to fight?
Theoretically they should all be faught but culture within forces together with shortage of resources makes that difficult giving forces excuses to not do their job or only choose to uphold the law when they will win ie make crime figures look good.

Can's disagree with you. The point I was attempting to make was that these days you don't get the mass football organised attacks that occurred in the past. Most of the time those were fans on fans. This was the most pre-meditated assault on the actual team and they weren't just there to make middle finger and wanker gestures. And everyone knew about it weeks before.

I agree entirely but who decides which battle to fight?
Theoretically they should all be faught but culture within forces together with shortage of resources makes that difficult giving forces excuses to not do their job or only choose to uphold the law when they will win ie make crime figures look good.
I can tell you most of the country gave them a round of applause for that one.

Can's disagree with you. The point I was attempting to make was that these days you don't get the mass football organised attacks that occurred in the past. Most of the time those were fans on fans. This was the most pre-meditated assault on the actual team and they weren't just there to make middle finger and wanker gestures. And everyone knew about it weeks before.
But everyone I assume you also mean Merseyside police which is what makes the whole thing even worse

It looks like it has been edited. It now reads

Personal life[edit]​

Delaney is half Irish and half Spanish and is bilingual. Delaney studied a journalism degree in Dublin at the DIT before completing a master's degree reading politics.[24][25] Delaney described Hugh McIlvanney as his favourite sports writer. He also struggles to get an erection, as he is a fanny.[26]
Haha........ very good.

Just checked and it's been removed.

Won't change the fact that he's still a c**t

Oh my word...
BBC coverage of the Women's England game versus Northern Ireland.

England win 6-0
1-0 White
2-0 White (assist Bronze)
3-0 Bronze (assist Jill Scott)
4-0 White
5-0 Non City player (assist Bronze)
6-0 Pen won by Kelly, scored by Man U player.

No mention of Man City during video highlights. Unbelievable, 4 goals, 3 assist and a pen award for City players

Only club mentioned after pen scored "Manchester United"

It is unbelievable.
I know I shouldn't be surprised but I didn't really appreciate that the hatred of us is universal, even in the Women's game when they represent their country...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.