Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're literally talking about a couple of months to wait after May once everyone has been offered the jab so is this really a big issue? "Look at all those OAP's buggering off on their jollies in May when I won't be allowed to go until July! It's so not fair!"
But you could argue that the younger ones gave sacrificed huge chunks of their lives to keep the OAP’s safe and then are asked to wait.... doesn’t seem very fair does it?

What, like when they all went back to uni in September, loads caught Covid, and then spread it like fuck while they were out on the lash?

The notion that we should feel more sorry for younger people in this pandemic than any other age group is the most laughable thing I've ever heard. Fuck that. Firstly, they've got many years ahead of them when normality returns whereas someone in their 80s hasn't. Secondly, while there are Covidiots across all ages I wouldn't mind betting that a larger percentage of 18-25 year olds have ridden roughshod over the guidelines than 60-70 year olds.
That’s because someone in their 80’s has already had their life, those in their 20’s are going to spend the rest of their lives paying the price of this pandemic.

Anyway I’m out of this argument.... people once again all showing their selfish side.....

But you could argue that the younger ones gave sacrificed huge chunks of their lives to keep the OAP’s safe and then are asked to wait.... doesn’t seem very fair does it?
It's a couple of months or so - hardly a major issue in the grand scheme of things. Plus things will be pretty much opened up over here in that interim period so plenty of fun to be had without having to go abroad.

That’s because someone in their 80’s has already had their life, those in their 30’s are going to spend the rest of their lives paying the price of this pandemic.
Someone in their 80s probably remember the 2nd world war and rationing in childhood. Nobody has yet explained how stopping an older vaccinated person travelling if they can helps a younger one that has to wait a few months. Except for maybe making some of them feel better about it.

It's a couple of months or so - hardly a major issue in the grand scheme of things. Plus things will be pretty much opened up over here in that interim period so plenty of fun to be had without having to go abroad.
But we’re being told that vaccination passports may be required to use pubs, cinemas, restaurants etc.... who the fuck is going to police that for starters, and again it’s hardly fair on the younger generations who in many ways have suffered the most during all of this.

That’s because someone in their 80’s has already had their life, those in their 20’s are going to spend the rest of their lives paying the price of this pandemic.

Anyway I’m out of this argument.... people once again all showing their selfish side.....
Not really, And that argument in the first paragraph works both ways - the elderly have paid a far bigger price in terms of lives lost than those in their 20s. What would you sooner have? A financial price to pay (and plenty of us older ones will be hit in the pocket too on that), or losing your life?

The eighty year olds grew up with rationing, ffs.

But we’re being told that vaccination passports may be required to use pubs, cinemas, restaurants etc.... who the fuck is going to police that for starters, and again it’s hardly fair on the younger generations who in many ways have suffered the most during all of this.
Like I said, I doubt the government would bring vaccine passports in for domestic hospitality until everyone has been offered the jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.