Name Cancelo's position

His nickname being Len (from Len Cantello in the 70’s), you’re either too young, too literal or too fucking miserable, or maybe a mixture of all 3
I must be a mixture of too literal and too fucking miserable then as I was a teenager all through the 70’s ...
Who gave him this nickname?? I’ve never heard of it ... Stop being a miserable fucker yerself, I said your shitty ditty was brilliant didn’t I?

ah yes, "position"...

06ey5qklopd61.png

Yes, "position"...

Name Bernardo's "position". Or Kevin's. Or Ilkay's. Or Gabby's...

And I'm sure everybody can name the team's "formation", right? Since it's pretty obvious...

Heisenberg's uncertainty principle might provide some help here. Otherwise you can talk about / elaborate on Josep Guardiola's version of total football, but then again it won't go down well with some of the media whores out there, will it? Doesn't exactly suit their narrative, it's all about the money, you see...

It's a lose-lose situation, if you ask me. So let's forget it ever happened. That is, if it did happen, because maybe it didn't anyway (lol)...

Didn't Pep play Lahm in a similar way though mate ?

I'd just call him fly fullback.
Pep's done similar before with Lahm, Alaba, Kimmich, even Delph and Zinchencko to an extent - getting the full back to tuck in to give you an extra body in defensive midfield.

But I think what we've seen from Cancelo in recent games is something a little bit different.

When we have the ball, he's playing way higher up - in positions you'd expect DeBruyne, or one of the Silva's. More of a playmaker / number 10 role than defensive midfielder.

Gary Neville summed it up pretty well the other day - he's like the player in training who has the bib on and can go wherever he wants!

His position depends on where the ball is, whether we are in or out of possession, where his teammates are etc. So there’s no one label to give him. It depends!

I also agree with you that everyone will try it if they have a suitable player. I could potentially see Liverpool trying to do it with TAA. But it would basically finish Robertson. It’s going to be interesting to see how it evolves. But once other teams catch up, Pep will already be trying something new.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.