City_rabin

Put simply if we weren’t winning titles every season these ‘so called’ fans claiming to support us would’ve never considered us. End of.

Real mancs are blues, real blues are mancs
This is a bollocks post “end of” (why do people use end of as if they have the only valid opinion?). I am a Mancunian but I lived in London for 8 years in the 80’s, and as a member of the London branch I met some Proper Blues from London and the South East who supported City for all sorts of reasons (dad was a Blue, hated united, liked our style, liked the inflatables) and for sure none of them supported us for “winning titles every season” you muppet, but a big % of them went home and away, and showed more commitment to City than you probably ever have you prick. I also knew a Norwegian lad, we called him “Same Again” (by virtue of the fact that when we met him we asked him his name he thought we asked him what he wanted to drink) who supported City cos there was a family from Manchester who lived in his village in Norway when he was a little kid and some of the family died in a plane crash on the way back to Norway after attending a City match, because of that he became a City fan and used to attend 20 plus games a season from Norway; so are you saying he isn’t worthy of being a City fan? The guy who sits with us in the family stand is in his mid 60’s and has been a season ticket holder for several decades, a brilliant bloke and a brilliant Blue, is he not fucking worthy of it because he comes over to every game from north wakes? As far as I am concerned any Blue is a good Blue, wherever they come from and whatever their reasons, apart from you, you are just a dick

Put simply if we weren’t winning titles every season these ‘so called’ fans claiming to support us would’ve never considered us. End of.

Quick question...

How do you propose the club to grow if only people from certain postcodes are allowed to support them?
There are a finite number of people living in Manchester, many of these are not interested in football, and of the ones that are many will be United fans, already City fans, or fans of other teams.
Other than the few that ‘come on to the market’ every year by dint of becoming old enough to get into football etc, how else is the club supposed to grow? Do they have to have a certain accent? Fashion sense? Outlook on life?

You haven’t thought this through have You?

Apologies for using words of more than one syllable, maybe get your career to help you read this.

Quick question...

How do you propose the club to grow if only people from certain postcodes are allowed to support them?
There are a finite number of people living in Manchester, many of these are not interested in football, and of the ones that are many will be United fans, already City fans, or fans of other teams.
Other than the few that ‘come on to the market’ every year by dint of becoming old enough to get into football etc, how else is the club supposed to grow? Do they have to have a certain accent? Fashion sense? Outlook on life?

You haven’t thought this through have You?

Apologies for using words of more than one syllable, maybe get your career to help you read this.
Ask the moron where he stands on whether people with Stockport post codes should be allowed in? I have moved out to Hale, only about 10 miles from the Etihad but no M post code, that’s my 50 years as a season ticket holder fucked

This 'real blue' nonsense is embarrassing really.
our owners plan wasnt to turn City into the best team in the north west it was to turn City into a world power house something that will need more than just fans from Manchester.
The premier league is supported world wide.

Just out of curiosity how do fans know you are a true manc or not ?

I am a very proud manc but to hear me talk I dont have a strong accent it's a cross between manc and kent.
So to anyone in the stadium who thinks City fans should be from Manchester they must think I am a plastic southern, glory hunter. They couldnt be more wrong myself 3rd generation my lads 4th generation, we dont talk manc but 100% die hard blues, I have City tattoos and the Bee etc. I am a proud mancunian without the accent and hasnt lived in Manchester for over 55 years. But god help anyone who trys to say I am not a manc but a man of kent !!
We attended about 10 home games a season.
a blue is a blue my best mate is a kent blue ( both in our 60's ) his son is a blue.
To be a blue ....some are born here some are drawn here , perhaps I dont count as a manc as I was born in Stratford hospital on a utd European night in 1960, but lived in Didsbury, from parents and grandparents from Burnage.

It really doesnt matter where you are from little old City with mostly manc support is gone, we are now big City a power house in the big world. But our owners havent forgot where we have come from. Our owners have forgotten the dark 3rd division where us fans still packed out Maine Road.
The amount of work our owners do in Manchester, know how important it is to still have strong roots with Manchester. The owners know how important the manc based fans are and have been.

So that's not start this bull shit as to who is a better fan etc.
I personally love seeing more kiddies around here in thanet in City shirts instead of utd and dippers. It means my club is growing, long may it continue.

Another Saturday ramble from me lol

Last edited:
This idea of "real" fans does no good at all. I cannot see why anyone should want to restrict the number of people who can support City! I presume we make exceptions of Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon and one or two others who can't claim to have been born in Manchester? But even being born and living within the city boundaries hasn't been enough at various times. Only those who were on the Kippax in the third tier were considered by some to have a more genuine claim to be a city fan, then only those who sang loudly enough and so on...

What I think we would all agree on is that we distinguish real fans from "plastics". To my mind being a real fan has nothing to do with where you're from or where you live. We have real fans on here who make incredibly long and difficult round journies to see the team play. But even so many real fans can NEVER get to a game for many, many valid reasons. A real fan can support from afar. A plastic on the other hand parades around in a variety of City paraphernalia, posts into god knows how many fora and comments sections and winds up fans of every other club when things are going well ... and puts away his/her City stuff and takes a vow of silence at the first reverse.

" There’s something mentally wrong with these people. If I’d have brought up in Ireland I’d be supporting a Gaelic football team, if I’d been brought up in the States it would be my local American football or basketball team. I can’t understand latching on to stuff that sometimes is on a different continent. Sorry if that opinion offends".
I found much of your post reasonable until the offensive and confused phrases I quote. Perhaps you should have put a greater thinking hat on. I was born in Ireland interested in playing an participating in Gaelic Games, local soccer, Rugby Union, Tennis, Cricket, badminton some local, some, quite distance. I was a fan of Henry Cooper, Lester Piggot, England '66 "latching on to stuff that sometimes is on a different continent". do you struggle with imported food,, latch on to Indian & Chinese food, Irish Stew, Haggis, tea, coffee, loo rolls,,Yorkshire pies, diesel, heating oil, petrol, motorvehicles, foreign made clothes Seems there's something insular troubling and sad about people who cannot look outside their own little bubble. No appreciation of Cruyff, Pele, Maradona, total football Ajax, Usain Bolt, Tiger Woods, Muhammad Ali. You really miss so much by not lookink outside your little box.

The real test of a fan is not whether they only support us when we're winning but if they stick with us when we aren't winning things.

But I was watching a game a few years ago in a bar in Pittsburgh and got talking to 2 local Blues, one who had been supporting us since 1991. I asked him why and he said it was easy supporting successful teams but he liked supporting the underdog.

In 1965 we were getting fewer than 10k fans for some games. A few years later we were getting nearer 60k. In 2003, when we moved into the Etihad, we were getting 48k but a few years later we averaged just under 40k. In those early Etihad days even with meagre points I could get tickets for just about any away game bar the derby and now I'd struggle to get one for West Brom or Brighton, as demand is so much higher.

So it's not just foreign fans who are prone to be fickle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.