City_rabin

I know what you mean about Maine Road. I hope you find your experience at The Etihad different.

On your final point I have to disagree with you. There are foreign fans and there are foreign fans. Your average foreign fan who buys a shirt to wear whilst watching it on satellite tv and trolling on social media platforms, I have no time for. There are plenty of blues who moved abroad and still follow from afar.

There is another section of supporters who get marginalised. Guys in there seventies who have gone to City their whole lives who don’t go on the internet as they are scared of computer viruses and get their online transactions hacked. I sort out their season ticket renewals for a couple of them. I have participated in club surveys that want to know which social media platforms you are active on, the inference being you be a good blue soldier online.

Do I hold their opinions in more regard to the monosyllabic YouTube comments on the official club channel posting stuff such as “How many likes I get is how many goals City will win by” nonsense?

Short answer is yes. Hop over to the transfer forum and see the posts from FCBarca who writes dewy eyed about Catalonia when he’s from Switzerland. There’s something mentally wrong with these people. If I’d have brought up in Ireland I’d be supporting a Gaelic football team, if I’d been brought up in the States it would be my local American football or basketball team. I can’t understand latching on to stuff that sometimes is on a different continent.

Sorry if that opinion offends.
I mean the Etihad experience is weird in it's own way, i think we all know why!

So for me, i believe we should just remove the word foreign from the debate and just say "fans". Because, these dickheads are everywhere, including Manchester and the whole stretch of this country. They have fuck all else to do and constantly go on social media talking nonsense. Their lives are shit and they use negativity to feed off and make themselves feel better. But on the flipside of things for the guys that are actually supporting the team, they spend loads on City merchandise, stay up ungodly hours and just dream of being able to watch the team at the stadium. When i went to Dubai, there were some top blues there at the City Club, supporting from afar and mostly at silly hours. Some were from Manchester, London, India, i don't think it invalidates their support tbh.

The marginalisation of these groups is a social thing, it's part of the new era whether we like it or not. HOWEVER, i think City should be doing a lot more with this as we are after full inclusion here. Not everyone has the ability, or even the appetite to go online, even as far as this forum. Doesn't mean they support City more or less than others, but they should be given the same opportunities where possible. The thing is, technology allows everything to be done easier, quicker and cheaper, so every business in the world will go towards it. In this case, some things need a personal touch.

I've no issue with FCBarca supporting Barcelona but being in Switzerland, why does it seem so strange to you? Where you were born, where you are living, yes 100% it holds a massive attachment and bond. But it's not the be-all and end for everyone. But that's a personal thing, some like the feeling of there own space, some fucking hate it and need their horizons open as much as possible. I don't think i attach to either of those notions completely, but i don't deny others of it.

I don't think we should be using offence as a stop gap, it should allow for debate and i think everything you say has merit.

I mean the Etihad experience is weird in it's own way, i think we all know why!

So for me, i believe we should just remove the word foreign from the debate and just say "fans". Because, these dickheads are everywhere, including Manchester and the whole stretch of this country. They have fuck all else to do and constantly go on social media talking nonsense. Their lives are shit and they use negativity to feed off and make themselves feel better. But on the flipside of things for the guys that are actually supporting the team, they spend loads on City merchandise, stay up ungodly hours and just dream of being able to watch the team at the stadium. When i went to Dubai, there were some top blues there at the City Club, supporting from afar and mostly at silly hours. Some were from Manchester, London, India, i don't think it invalidates their support tbh.

The marginalisation of these groups is a social thing, it's part of the new era whether we like it or not. HOWEVER, i think City should be doing a lot more with this as we are after full inclusion here. Not everyone has the ability, or even the appetite to go online, even as far as this forum. Doesn't mean they support City more or less than others, but they should be given the same opportunities where possible. The thing is, technology allows everything to be done easier, quicker and cheaper, so every business in the world will go towards it. In this case, some things need a personal touch.

I've no issue with FCBarca supporting Barcelona but being in Switzerland, why does it seem so strange to you? Where you were born, where you are living, yes 100% it holds a massive attachment and bond. But it's not the be-all and end for everyone. But that's a personal thing, some like the feeling of there own space, some fucking hate it and need their horizons open as much as possible. I don't think i attach to either of those notions completely, but i don't deny others of it.

I don't think we should be using offence as a stop gap, it should allow for debate and i think everything you say has merit.
Mate I can tell you this..when I visit The Etihad...the superstar I'd like shake hands with is Vicky Kloss. The professionalism and support I got when things were bad was just amazing.

I know what you mean about Maine Road. I hope you find your experience at The Etihad different.

On your final point I have to disagree with you. There are foreign fans and there are foreign fans. Your average foreign fan who buys a shirt to wear whilst watching it on satellite tv and trolling on social media platforms, I have no time for. There are plenty of blues who moved abroad and still follow from afar.

There is another section of supporters who get marginalised. Guys in there seventies who have gone to City their whole lives who don’t go on the internet as they are scared of computer viruses and get their online transactions hacked. I sort out their season ticket renewals for a couple of them. I have participated in club surveys that want to know which social media platforms you are active on, the inference being you be a good blue soldier online.

Do I hold their opinions in more regard to the monosyllabic YouTube comments on the official club channel posting stuff such as “How many likes I get is how many goals City will win by” nonsense?

Short answer is yes. Hop over to the transfer forum and see the posts from FCBarca who writes dewy eyed about Catalonia when he’s from Switzerland. There’s something mentally wrong with these people. If I’d have brought up in Ireland I’d be supporting a Gaelic football team, if I’d been brought up in the States it would be my local American football or basketball team. I can’t understand latching on to stuff that sometimes is on a different continent.

And if you’re from Bamber Bridge you should be supporting Preston North End ;-)

Mate I can tell you this..when I visit The Etihad...the superstar I'd like shake hands with is Vicky Kloss. The professionalism and support I got when things were bad was just amazing.
I've followed you on Twitter for a while now, and I've DM'd you a couple of times about the abuse you been getting (the last time you had a break from Twitter). Sorry it's come to this.

Echo your sentiment on Vicky Kloss. She doesn't get the credit she deserves from certain elements of our fan base

It doesn't offend but there is certainly a lot of guff in there.

I've followed you on Twitter for a while now, and I've DM'd you a couple of times about the abuse you been getting (the last time you had a break from Twitter). Sorry it's come to this.

Echo your sentiment on Vicky Kloss. She doesn't get the credit she deserves from certain elements of our fan base
Add me to the Vicky Kloss fan club. She's great, and a proper old school Blue too. I'm pleased, but not surprised, she helped Rabin, too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.