Pastiche, funny, Cod, humourous music/ bands

The Tubes in their early years were very Zappaish...
Oh my word, I thought I was the only one on earth.

First off, they're local to me, so they hold a special place in my heart.

Second, their first record (self-titled) is on my list of favor(u)rites ever made, as is the song 'White Punks on Dope" -- both made my top 20s on the @BlueHammer85 lists, and I'm sure I'm the only one who had them. Long-form punk in 1975. It's still a great, great tune.

Third, they had a number of records that were very funny and displayed remarkable musicianship -- totally underrated in that regard -- and though I never saw them until they dropped the Quay Lude sideshow (i.e. during The Completion Backwards Principle era), I understand they were incredible live in the old days.

Just happy to see someone else even remembers them. No record reminds me of San Francisco more than that first album -- the quintessential City by the Bay band, despite others who might claim it. Truly reflective of the nuttiness of this town.

Second, their first record (self-titled) is on my list of favor(u)rites ever made, as is the song 'White Punks on Dope" -- both made my top 20s on the @BlueHammer85 lists, and I'm sure I'm the only one who had them. Long-form punk in 1975. It's still a great, great tune.

Third, they had a number of records that were very funny and displayed remarkable musicianship -- totally underrated in that regard -- and though I never saw them until they dropped the Quay Lude sideshow (i.e. during The Completion Backwards Principle era), I understand they were incredible live in the old days.

Just happy to see someone else even remembers them. No record reminds me of San Francisco more than that first album -- the quintessential City by the Bay band, despite others who might claim it. Truly reflective of the nuttiness of this town.
I still listen to them.
Have them on a Spotify playlist or two.
Remote Control is a great album with an eclectic mix on it.

Half man half biscuit- lyrically very good and along with that can actually play their instruments

First album in my top 10 of all time and all the albums up to and including Remote Control are up there. The live album is a blast. Glad to find a fellow Tuber...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.