Gordon Elliott

Which prick thought it was a good idea to take a photo and circulate it
Probably a sacked one....

I love horse racing, second sport to football but It's a disgraceful thing to do, shows the sport in a very bad light.

I remember Ruby Walsh taking a few years ago about a horse he'd been in falling and dying at probably Cheltenham, he was blasé and didn't give a fuck about the horse which I found very distasteful too. Makes you wonder where the money is at the top how many are like that.

What do all the racing fans on here think about that picture of him sat on the dead horse ?
Undeniably brilliant trainer but what the fuck was he thinking.Always seemed a bit more working class than a lot of the more gentrified trainers and that’s what I liked about him but he’s let himself down badly with that photo.
At absolute best, it's a complete lack of self-awareness (I mean I'm not sure I would be taking a call if I was supposed to be helping move my dead horse?), but it shows a complete lack of regard for the animal and with all of the challenges that the sport has to dis-credit any 'animal cruelty' or the like it's a shocking look.

With the other leaks being made on his character, he's finished...........

What do all the racing fans on here think about that picture of him sat on the dead horse ?
Undeniably brilliant trainer but what the fuck was he thinking.Always seemed a bit more working class than a lot of the more gentrified trainers and that’s what I liked about him but he’s let himself down badly with that photo.
Indefensible and as mentioned above has definite echoes of a trophy hunting photo. His subsequent attempt to add context in a plea for some mitigation has done him no favours either. In terms of plausibility it was on a par with slabhead defending his antics in Mykonos.
That said the motivation behind whoever released it has to be questioned also. This is no whistleblower concerned with animal welfare this is somebody out to ruin him and for a sport with an image problem the timing couldn't be worse.
I have always liked Elliott because as you point out unlike many of his rivals who dominate the sport, particularly in Ireland, he wasn't born into racing dynasty and started out from a very low base. I suppose to get there it's inevitable he has ruffled a few feathers along the way and it seems he has made one enemy too many.

Last edited:
is it just me or is there more to this than meets the eye

absolutley wrong to do what he did and needs taking to task and investigated

but there is more to this than just the photo, as has been hinted

I got a phone call, so instinctively sat down. Yeah mate, OK, we've all accidentally straddled a dead horse by mistake while all our mates were gathered around watching and taking pictures

Well I for one am disgusted. What are my taxes being spent on? What are the police doing about it that's what I want to know. I will be writing a strongly worded letter to my MP as soon as I am in my office.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.