Sick and Tired of the City Spending Critics

Unfortunately not only does there seem to be a deterioration in the quality of sports journalism in this country but also a rise in ignorance amongst fans,especially those in the premier league. Had many an argument with fans who Seem to know more about our spending than they do about there own club. Even saw on Twitter the other day a rag saying we just bought trophies where the like of arsenal and rags cultivated squads because of the managers he even went on to list some of rags players to come from youth system even naming Rooney as one of those players.

so might as well ignore the morons

When we sign a player, we are told they are not worth it.
When they turn out to be excellent signings, we are told it’s down to splashing the cash on them.
Cant have it both ways.
they need to stop comparing from 2008 and go for more recent years (eg. Last 5 years) which is more even with utd and Chelsea with dippers just behind.
they also forget that we were ripped off in the start (lescott etc) there was no option but to pay up

I am utterly fed up of the pundits that constantly refer to the amount of money City spend and the fact we have an "expensive" bench.

Yes we have bought great players but, were they playing at the level an standard they are currently at City, before we purchased them? I venture to suggest not.

Players like Gundogan, Bernardo, Ederson, Diaz, Rodri, were in my opinion good players but Pep has turned them into fantastic players who are the envy of all our opponents. I don't think we have gone out to attract and sign world beaters (and to this end I hope we don't chase Messi... he was world class, he is brilliant but he is not the future).

In summary, I think all our purchases have been of good players and City and Pep has made them great and the envy of everyone else.

So please all you pundits out there that read this forum, realise that we are making good players great and we do NOT pay record fees for any positions!

RANT OVER!!
all those players were available on the open market. all top clubs have the funds but simply refuse to spend. we do have Pep as a draw but we bought top players before he came.

sour grapes and deflecting at their best.

Loads of examples you could use to illustrate the point but if I supported united I'd be wondering why they spent £28.4m on Anderson in 2007/8 but we bought David Silva for just £25.8 million two years later. And Liverpool, £36.9m for Andy Carroll in 2010/111 while we paid a meagre £36m for Sergio Aguero.

If you want to explain the difference between the united and liverpool "way" compared to our buying the league, you have it right there.

We might hold the record for the biggest squad ever when Joe Royle turned up and we had 50+ players on the books training at that tiny training ground on Platt Lane.

Imagine what that must have been like?! Haha

But, now, we have the same 25-man-size squad as every single other team in the league! And we don’t have the top salary expenditure neither.
We don't even. We've 22.

One thing that really pisses me off is that some in the media like to make out that City have caused inflation in the transfer market.
No we didn't. When we went after players selling clubs looked to exploit us by charging extra, Everton and blackburn being prime examples. The selling clubs have caused the inflation.
Secondly even after accusing us of spending crazily especially in the beginning has any media outlet actually applauded us for the stance we took in not purchasing at any cost and pulling out of the deals like pogba, hazard, fred, sanchez or slabhead?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.