How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have just galvanised them for the rest of the season.

Southampton is pivotal now.....straight back to winning ways is a must ....anything less than 3 ts and utd could be within 8-9 points of us and then that gives them something to chase that isnt insummountable.

One game at a time as Pep says but anyone who thinks this title race is over needs to give their heads a wobble....we have closed down similar points gaps before......utd will see that as a challenge and something they can do
We need 6 wins and a draw to reach the rags maximum points total of 84. We can afford to lose 3 games ffs, Rags won't win 10 on the spin and we definitely won't lose 3. I think 4 wins will be enough

We need 6 wins and a draw to reach the rags maximum points total of 84. We can afford to lose 3 games ffs, Rags won't win 10 on the spin and we definitely won't lose 3. I think 4 wins will be enough
Southampton wont be a push over and play like we did today and it will be closer than you think...

Pep has some big decisions to make...namely the issue with playing KDB and disrupting the balance of the team and also the fact that he has still got Sergoi sat on the bench nd isnt giving him any game time at all

Are you serious? We have not overturned an 11 point gap? And even our 2012 title race massively hinged on the head to head. It is incredibly hard to overturn a +10 point lead when you have no say in it. It’s a hell of a lot of points to throw away in the last quarter of a season.. let alone the chasing team has to win every single game.

in fact has it ever been done at this stage? I remember Newcastle fucking up massively but can’t remember the standings with three quarters of the season played.

Plus.. Pep is not Keegan and Ole is not Whisky nose.
werent we 9 pts behind in 2011 but with less games to go?

I did say similar points gaps as well.....

If we dont get 3 points vs Southampton the gap could be down to 8 or 10 pts depending upon the result of utd vs West ham

We also have Leicester to play at some point who know how to beat us.

Like i said, it could be closer than people think...

Then again utd could revert to type and lose to west ham which would basicaly cancel out this result if we beat Southampton....lots of possibilities.

Hope so, what games will the rags not win out of interest?

I think the real acid test to see how good we are this season will be in the later stages of the CL.

Miles ahead domestically, and winning 21 games on the bounce is unbelievable, but are we just a good team in a very poor league? Or are we an elite team that can challenge for the CL? Hard to tell right now, as the standard of football in the league has been dross at times.

werent we 9 pts behind in 2011 but with less games to go?

I did say similar points gaps as well.....

If we dont get 3 points vs Southampton the gap could be down to 8 or 10 pts depending upon the result of utd vs West ham

We also have Leicester to play at some point who know how to beat us.

Like i said, it could be closer than people think...

Then again utd could revert to type and lose to west ham which would basicaly cancel out this result if we beat Southampton....lots of possibilities.

A lot of ifs and buts in your fears. I wouldn’t worry about it mate. Yes we have to play Leicester.. but so do they, along with West Ham, Tottenham and (jokes aside) Liverpool who are all fighting for top 4. I think they drop points in at least one of those.. probably more.

On paper at least.. their remaining fixture list definitely looks harder than ours.

They would need to be immaculate and we would need to be horrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.