Cornwall

I had two great refits in Falmouth when I worked on the ships, a cracking little place. We didn't live onboard at refit as often the power went off, no galley etcetera so we got put up in the Falmouth Beach Hotel ( Which is no longer there after being destroyed by fire I believe.....not guilty lol.) One year two of us were kicking off as we were the only ones who had to share a room as the hotel was full, but the receptionist told us to check it out. Anyway it turned out we were in one of these separate chalet type buildings. It was a right result, two bedrooms, a big lounge, kitchen the works it was like a house. The place looked out onto the beach bloody brilliant.

Falmouth is a mad little place full of great pubs and characters. We got to know a few locals and they told us Friday night in the British Legion was the best night so we all piled in. Cheap beer, full of fanny, nutters and karaoke, one crazy night. I remember this Chinese bloke singing Frank Sinatra who was brilliant. One of the lads, Wacca,now sadly deceased, wouldn't believe it was him singing and went right up scrutinising him as he sang, the guy thought he was mad lol. Loads of great adventures in Falmouth.

You live in St Ives, don’t you?

I had abit of trouble in St Ives its seems the local utd fans ( cornish ) dont like City fans walking around St Ives in City gear. One called me a wanker lol in front of my wife and kids, he was about 50 guess it made him think he was a hard nut ! As we were walking out of St Ives spoke to another City fan who told me he was never coming back to St Ives because of the problem with local utd fans. He wasnt allowed in one pub because it was a utd pub lol in St Ives Also had problems in the coop at Hayle !

Only been back to St Ives once since and it was ok. Cant remember if I had anything City on but I normally do ;)

How do you know that they were local?

Well one was working in the coop at hayle he might not have been from Cornwall and just doing a summer job. As for the one who called a wanker you are right no idea if he was from st Ives.

I have been going to Cornwall for about 20 years every year and have only had problems around the st Ives and hayle area.

The utd fans I have seen in newquay, penzance, etc have been fine.

Well one was working in the coop at hayle he might not have been from Cornwall and just doing a summer job. As for the one who called a wanker you are right no idea if he was from st Ives.

I have been going to Cornwall for about 20 years every year and have only had problems around the st Ives and hayle area.

The utd fans I have seen in newquay, penzance, etc have been fine.
From my experience it’s full of plastic bin dippers.. of which none have ever ventured further north than Bristol

Thinking of booking a week in July and wondering if anyone ha any sites that are great for kids they can recommend. Seen one called white acres that gets really mixed reviews. Looking for a lodge type place for a week for two adults and two kids. Cheers

Thinking of booking a week in July and wondering if anyone ha any sites that are great for kids they can recommend. Seen one called white acres that gets really mixed reviews. Looking for a lodge type place for a week for two adults and two kids. Cheers
We're going in July to Lizard Point Holiday Park (Parkdean Resorts)

Never been before but it looks great

We've camped a few times at St Ives Bay Holiday Park (which is actually in Hayle) and we love it there. They also have static caravans and lodges

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.