Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am willing to bet that they will get 120m or more, if he leaves this summer, wherever he goes. No way he goes for less, let's not kid ourselves.
What is your bet?

Why would he go for 120m now when everyone knows Dortmund are going to be fucked when they dont qualify for the CL. Note, I am talking about hte transfer fee. The backhanders will run into the millions but the actual fee to Dortmund isnt going to be near that.

FFP deals with only revenue and costs - the P&L

the basic principal is that you spend (our costs) what you earn (our revenue)

the net of these two is our profit , which is what is measured for FFP purposes

our owner can lend us however much he likes but it will never be classed as revenue so if we bought Haaland over a 5 year contract, £20m cost would appear in the P&L each year plus his annual salary

non of the £100m loan would appear in the P&L to offset this cost

the only way he could influence revenue would be to artificially inflate one of our revenue streams such as sponsorship , which they tried to get us on last year

He could also try and reduce our costs by paying employees through another company for their services , again this is something they have tried to pin on us to no avail
Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought.

I said I may have missed it. When did we say that?

To be honest I am not even sure he's Pep's kind of player. We'll see soon enough.

Don’t worry mate. Like you said later on. We shall see what happens with young Erling.

Definitely interested in the idea he’s not a Pep kind of player though. Can you qualify that or is it more of a feeling?

Just seen a black range rover with plates 'haaland' or a version of, outside a house in Bowdon. Removal van on the drive. House has recently been painted. Belonged to Antonio Valencia previously. Make of that what you will

Raiola won't let him stay anywhere for 10 years....... Raiola is getting paid.......a few times.

Raiola like anyone can be managed - you just have to keep updating the contract and paying him a fee - he will only move his client on if its financially viable to do so. From City's perspective it might be worth chucking him £10m every now and again to protect a major asset.

Don’t worry mate. Like you said later on. We shall see what happens with young Erling.

Definitely interested in the idea he’s not a Pep kind of player though. Can you qualify that or is it more of a feeling?
I'm no expert on the Bundesliege mate so I could be miles far from the mark, but isn't Haaland more your regular kind of number 9? He's 6 ft 4" I think and I had assumed he's more of an Edin Dzeko than an Eden Hazard.

Pep seems to like midfield players who can keep the ball and retain possession rather than your average shoot-on-sight number 9. He's fielded plenty of sides with no out and out strikers at all - last night for example!

As I read Pep say in the papers recently, “If we dream that the striker is going to solve our problems, we are not going to win the games. What will help us to still be there is the way we play".

What is your bet?

Why would he go for 120m now when everyone knows Dortmund are going to be fucked when they dont qualify for the CL. Note, I am talking about hte transfer fee. The backhanders will run into the millions but the actual fee to Dortmund isnt going to be near that.

They will qualify. And yes inwas talking about the transfer fee, i just can't see how they would sell him for any less.

Sure, various claims of 75m release clause the next year, that is still enough to look for 120m this summer.

Lets see how it plays out.

BTW, i'd be delighted if we landed him for 120m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.