Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his players let him down today. As simple as that.

I doubt we’ll ever have a season where the points gap allows us the breathing space to consider taking the foot off the gas, in the league, like this one.

He’s clearly resting our starters for midweek, and if there was ever a season to do it - it might be now.

We have a 2nd team that everyone assumed could do the job when called upon. They certainly let Pep down today.

I’d question his decision not to bring KDB or Rodri on, after we equalised, for 20 mins - especially against 10 men - to either win it or see the draw out, but Pep isn’t the issue today.

Fine rotate the team. But after an hour if you can't see Mendy had to come off 15 minutes earlier and you deliberately hold off making changes and cost us a win to save legs for a game on Wednesday that should be a non-event if we'd played properly last Tuesday with his best team. Every year we get to the same point in quarter-final week and he doesn't have an answer to the team shitting the bed. He better come up with one on Wednesday.

What ever happened today, pep in not arrogant, has never been arrogant and never will be arrogant, as for being over friendly being the problem that's bollox as well, one of those days with his eyes on Wednesday and Saturday
Exactly. Not his fault that our forward players were unable to put the ball in the net irrespective of how many chances they got. Lets see if we win anything before judging performance. All I can say is if someone had told me in November we would be in this position I would have been amazed and very happy.

I agree with others, that the starting line up was good enough as was proven by the chances we created.

My only criticism would be not bringing on subs sooner when it was evident, several were struggling.
Must have been torn between making subs or not, throw on KDB to chase the game or keep him rested.

I wanted Pep to rest players and was surprised he did to be fair, especially Dias etc. Once again we created a ton of chances and the same suspects let him down.

Most worrying is we can't win a game from behind
This is my only takeaway from today. I know we didn't have KDB out there but there's more than enough talent out there to get something out of this game. You look at Bayern when they went 2-0 down to Dortmund, and come back to win 4-2. Even the other day after some absolutely back-breaking goals from PSG, they just kept coming to the point it seemed they had an extra man out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.