Wild Garlic? Does it grow near you?

Get yourself a bag of it and use it. You will love it. Great for you too.

I’ll try to remember to take a photo down there later today.

The season is nearly over but maybe a few days left? Never tried the buds of the flowers but I guess now they’re starting to flower now’s the time?

Pesto is great although tad more stringy than basil.
Grown in abundance so much just dying off which seems a shame.

This time of the year is Wild Garlic time. Where I live it grows abundantly in local woods and I always take it and use in cooking, put it in salads, soups, make infused oil, and a pesto that is that good I'm actually teary as I think about it. I was wondering if you lot, know what it is, and if it grows near you? If the answer to the first question is I don't know, then look it up, to the second, Google it to find it 8f it's does indeed grow in your area.

I could list all the healthy stuff in it, but that would take too long and ruin the surprise if you decide to find out if it grows near you and how to use it. If you are one of those heathens that don't like garlic of any description, you need to take your pasty face and move on.

Every bit of it can be eaten. Including the buds of the not yet opened flowers, these can be pickled or eaten as is, or, when the flowers have opened they are beautiful and tasty, great in salads.

The pesto, how to make it I will put up if any **** is interested. I would recommend if it's available you try it. Apart from anything else foraging for it usually involves a great walk in beautiful woods, although it grows here not just in woods, so it may be the same near you.

I went to the woods the othe day and picked a lot of it, it was quite windy but in the woods it was calm and sunny, so I planted my arse and watched pheasants cutting about before taking a big bag full.

As I always wish you lot good health, using this great stuff will help.

I did attempt to put a couple of photos up, but, it's telling me the photo's aee too large. So, you will just need to take my word for it.

Here is a look at the health benefits for this great stuff

I have spent a lifetime trying to get rid of 'few flowered garlic' from my garden. It is an invasive eastern pest that is illegal to plant in the wild in the uk. Christ knows how it got into my garden.
I understand you can eat it but its not really that healthy looking after a carpet bombing of napalm.

Wild Garlic is a pain to get rid of (in fact you never will by conventional methods), I maintain a couple of blocks of flats and every year the tenants moan like hell about the stuff. None of them want to try and use it.
Once it gets into lawns that's game over for the lawn also, it'll simply take over.

Wild Garlic Pesto

Wild Garlic leaves Ikg
3 garlic cloves
Parmesan, half if the Aldi ones.
Olive oil four table spoons
Pine nuts and walnuts. I big cup
Salt Pepper

Method
Put everything into a food processor and blitz. Taste and season again if required. Can be used for soups, added to pasta with a couple of tables spoons of the pasta starchy water.

I have spent a lifetime trying to get rid of 'few flowered garlic' from my garden. It is an invasive eastern pest that is illegal to plant in the wild in the uk. Christ knows how it got into my garden.
I understand you can eat it but its not really that healthy looking after a carpet bombing of napalm.
I don't have it in my garden, thankfully. If I were you I'd just eat it.

The season is nearly over but maybe a few days left? Never tried the buds of the flowers but I guess now they’re starting to flower now’s the time?

Pesto is great although tad more stringy than basil.
Grown in abundance so much just dying off which seems a shame.
It's just appearing here with no buds flowering yet, try a bud, they're great. The flowers when they appear are also delicous and brighten up a salad.

Wild Garlic? Do you actually mean ramson? If so, yep there is quite some numbers of it all over the place. Grind it with your fingers while harvesting to be sure it's not lily-of-the-valley, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.