Return of Supporters

She only works there so its taken at face value but its what shes been told in the situation that staff will have to be laid off etc if capacity so low
She also mentioned 8k v everton with £2k of that corp
I think there would well be a lot of truth in that. I heard something similar the other week. Admittedly it was about third hand but the source wasn't City - it was Barnsley of all clubs and they had a meeting regarding next season and the possibility of them being in the Premier League. The talk was something along the lines of reduced capacity to start with, increasing to full stadia around October/November time.

You can’t as you have to show the negative test before boarding coach/train
I was making a point about the self done LFTs not being literal.

Lot of people being senstive on this, I am vacinated but still not even thinking of going, chalk this one off as just one of those things I will miss this time, can wait till Istanbul anyway :-)

Last edited:
I think there would well be a lot of truth in that. I heard something similar the other week. Admittedly it was about third hand but the source wasn't City - it was Barnsley of all clubs and they had a meeting regarding next season and the possibility of them being in the Premier League. The talk was something along the lines of reduced capacity to start with, increasing to full stadia around October/November time.
But that’s not what’s in the roadmap is it? They probably have to cater for lots of possibilities and scenarios

Presumably a lot of the feedback that's been given to the club (and some of the responses on here) suggest that a lot of people don't think it's worth jumping through the hoops? I only ask as the current cut off point of 16,500 points seems mighty low for 2000 tickets. I'd imagine we've got about 2,000 fans above 21,000 points?
Yes, it would be close to 2,000 or maybe a bit above. I wouldn't be surprised if we failed to sell out tbh! I should be able to get on easily enough on points but as I've no car I'm doubtful if I can get back to Blackpool the same night looking at the train times, especially if it goes to ET/penalties.

Even though the government have said 10k for the Everton game and full stadiums after June 21st?
Basically, yes. I think too many - me included - have taken it too literally that if the June 21st date is adhered to then it means we suddenly go from 20% capacity stadia to 100%. Thinking about it, that was probably never going to be the case and it will be a gradual build-up but assuming we don't have any serious setbacks regarding Covid then we should be back to full capacity a few months into the new season

I was making a point qbput the sepf done LFTs not being literal.

Lot of people being senstive on this, I am vacinated but still not even thinking of going, chalk this one off as just one of those things I will miss this time, can wait till Istanbul anyway :-)
I think it would have made more sense to make the PCR test mandatory within 5 days of the match and then an LFT on site at the travel departure point.

I could be way off on this but I'm guessing the postcode restriction will have been imposed by the relevant authorities and not by City. In fact, I'm guessing most of the restrictions will have been imposed on the club rather than the club coming up with them themselves.
Not sure the authorities have imposed the post code restrictions as there aren’t any for Spurs fans , as long as they are season ticket holders they can apply using there normal away ticket criteria but they do still have to go through the testing. So Spurs fans around our area and there are plenty can attend but City fans can’t . That doesn’t make sense.

Basically, yes. I think too many - me included - have taken it too literally that if the June 21st date is adhered to then it means we suddenly go from 20% capacity stadia to 100%. Thinking about it, that was probably never going to be the case and it will be a gradual build-up but assuming we don't have any serious setbacks regarding Covid then we should be back to full capacity a few months into the new season
Question is what’s different then a few months in? All adults offered the vaccine by July so no reason it can’t be normal then. Otherwise what are we waiting for?

Not sure the authorities have imposed the post code restrictions as there aren’t any for Spurs fans , as long as they are season ticket holders they can apply using there normal away ticket criteria but they do still have to go through the testing. So Spurs fans around our area and there are plenty can attend but City fans can’t . That doesn’t make sense.
It’s because most of the tickets are on organised transport from Etihad or Piccadilly so needs to be relatively local?

will city be doing anything at the bluezone outside maybe showing live and have fans there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.