Return of Supporters

I'm with 1894 and the Spurs supporters trust on this one. Too many hypocritical and downright contradictory hoops, but the very heart of this is that supporters of football are yet again being treated with suspicion yet supporters of other sports are not.

Draconian nonsense dressed up as scientific research. There were 10,000 people in Soho last night. Sat together, drinking at tables laid out by the local authority on roads they closed. Why no multiple tests, dedicated transport and the like?

Well done the supporter groups for speaking for the fans.

My wife does LFT twice a week and has done for weeks and never had a false positive. Neither has anyone in her clinic, those that LFT flagged up were confirmed by proper tests.
That said she's now had 2 doses but that wouldn't impact false positives.
Anecdotal yes but certainly doesn't back up these stats.
They are claiming about 1 in a 1000 now may be false positive, so an unlucky couple of fans. I am more bothered about a real positive which is more likely.
just spotted the filter . when you set test sites (rather than collect kits) I just get the Reebok and thats closed and dont seem to be able to book appts?
There is none you can walk in without an appointment in Manchester, and most of the appointment ones close early afternoon sat and not open Sunday morning.

Pilsworth open to 8pm on Sat, but no spare capacity for 1,750 tests after 4.30pm on Sat nearby. It is a London centric policy without having regard to the local offer, and if something goes wrong if you do have an appointment, there is no contingency to go anywhere else

They are claiming about 1 in a 1000 now may be false positive, so an unlucky couple of fans. I am more bothered about a real positive which is more likely.

There is none you can walk in without an appointment in Manchester, and most of the appointment ones close early afternoon sat and not open Sunday morning.

Pilsworth open to 8pm on Sat, but no spare capacity for 1,750 tests after 4.30pm on Sat nearby. It is a London centric policy without having regard to the local offer, and if something goes wrong if you do have an appointment, there is no contingency to go anywhere else

i dont mind booking but i could find anywhere to book.

Also, how do you know if these sites would charge? The MCFC page was saying the tests should be free?

I can get the match/coach/train ticket on Thursday but reluctant to book and pay for those without having the covid tests booked as well and doubt City will provide any more info before Thursday

i dont mind booking but i could find anywhere to book.

Also, how do you know if these sites would charge? The MCFC page was saying the tests should be free?

I can get the match/coach/train ticket on Thursday but reluctant to book and pay for those without having the covid tests booked as well and doubt City will provide any more info before Thursday
All NHS sites are free for PCR and LFT tests

All NHS sites are free for PCR and LFT tests
The test centres at the civic centre at Brent and the local libraries have slipped in a "matchday priority will be given to those attending a match at Wembley stadium" note so clearly these are measures in preparation for the Euros and don't take account of 1000s of travelling fans who could get that far, take a test then not be allowed to go.

In that event, God knows how they get home again.

I can't get my head around the fact that if I got a ticket and passed it to a mate, I could be reported to the cops as I have committed a criminal offence.
If however I live in Brent I can get 2 FREE and flog at least one of them to a stranger.

I can't get my head around the fact that if I got a ticket and passed it to a mate, I could be reported to the cops as I have committed a criminal offence.
If however I live in Brent I can get 2 FREE and flog at least one of them to a stranger.
Sort of.

The general resale of football tickets is illegal under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 unless the resale is authorised by the organiser of the match.

So this game is the same as any other. Brent residents have to nominate who the other person is, provide their details including phone and email address. In turn that person is contacted and has to agree consent. Testing has to match the names on the print at home ticket.

My wife does LFT twice a week and has done for weeks and never had a false positive. Neither has anyone in her clinic, those that LFT flagged up were confirmed by proper tests.
That said she's now had 2 doses but that wouldn't impact false positives.
Anecdotal yes but certainly doesn't back up these stats.
She might have had false negatives

I'm with 1894 and the Spurs supporters trust on this one. Too many hypocritical and downright contradictory hoops, but the very heart of this is that supporters of football are yet again being treated with suspicion yet supporters of other sports are not.

Draconian nonsense dressed up as scientific research. There were 10,000 people in Soho last night. Sat together, drinking at tables laid out by the local authority on roads they closed. Why no multiple tests, dedicated transport and the like?

Well done the supporter groups for speaking for the fans.
I wouldn't say football fans are being singled out and treated with suspicion. It's part of the wider conversation sadly. What people don't realise is you'll have to regularly test or carry vaccine certification around at all times. There is a massive inconvenience to everybody involved. Combine that with the risk of getting a positive test and having to lose out financially from not being able to attend people are just going to be turned off.

My hope is that the feedback from these test events prove that the measures are prohibitive and it is just not viable.

Anyone going must be mugs. To put up with the restrictions, paying for match tickets, having to travel on designated coaches, and being shafted by the FA and the authorities, even after fans haven't been allowed into football stadiums for months, and have been missed, apparently? This is how the FA and the authorities welcome football fans back. Nothing has changed! We're still being treated like 2nd lass citizens and sh*t!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.