Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has been through hell and is obviously a good person. I went to the Hillsborough memorial about ten years ago to pay respect as I think about the ordinary folk who were affected. To lose a child is a dreadful thing to deal with.

agree I couldn’t imagine the pain however let’s not dilute the facts of what she was talking about.

to excuse klopp, the club & others who actively encouraged & actually had a part in coordinating it is poor form.

Nah police needed blamed for that, they fucked up. Doesn't make the dippers innocent though.,
I worked on it for over three years.

True it wasn’t the one persons fault who they tried to pin it on. There was also no cover up!

It was a combination of factors that all created the perfect storm. (FA allocation, ticketless fans, drunkenness, inexperienced match commander, inadequate health and safety regs at the stadium, pens erected at the stadiums to contain fathe glorious weather, the fact the Grand National was on, the fact the Snooker Championships had started, the fact Everton were playing in the other semi) All of these had an impact some more than others but it created a unique scenario.

Even Beardsley hitting the bar in the first minute...that created the initial big surge if I recall.

Sadly it would have happened at one of the big stadiums sooner than later as health and safety was the least of the worries back then and clubs were ran like corner shops.

The Heysel match was only played because the authorities feared what would happen if they abandoned the match. They knew there were dead people in the stadium but feared that toll would be added to by the feral liarpool fans.
There was no outside influence apart from alcohol.
And Chelsea fans.

In fairness, talksport have covered it quite a bit this morning. Journo on before saying Klopp said if anything like us v our bus happened again, he'd consider his position at the club. They've taken a hammering, and rightly so.
I was listening to R5 live and R4; I try to avoid Talkshite, but, fair play to them for covering it.

True it wasn’t the one persons fault who they tried to pin it on. There was also no cover up!

It was a combination of factors that all created the perfect storm. (FA allocation, ticketless fans, drunkenness, inexperienced match commander, inadequate health and safety regs at the stadium, pens erected at the stadiums to contain fathe glorious weather, the fact the Grand National was on, the fact the Snooker Championships had started, the fact Everton were playing in the other semi) All of these had an impact some more than others but it created a unique scenario.

Even Beardsley hitting the bar in the first minute...that created the initial big surge if I recall.

Sadly it would have happened at one of the big stadiums sooner than later as health and safety was the least of the worries back then and clubs were ran like corner shops.
One thing that didn't change. South Yorkshire police are still cunts.

In fairness, talksport have covered it quite a bit this morning. Journo on before saying Klopp said if anything like us v our bus happened again, he'd consider his position at the club. They've taken a hammering, and rightly so.
He never said anything of the sort when our bus was attacked, he can fuck right off.

Margaret Aspinall, of the Hillsborough support group pulling no punches, good on her - quite like this bit

Ms Aspinall, who is the former chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group which recently disbanded, said the "yobs" who threw objects at Real's coach were "a disgrace".

"They are worse than thugs. They are no use to society," she said.

"It discredits not only the city but the club, Jurgen [Klopp], [and] the players."
She missed saying the scum throwing things at team coaches could well have been the spawn from the late arrivers, or Hysel chargers and no lessons had been learned.

Last edited:

Typical police lies. It's been comprehensively shown that ticketless fans weren't a significant issue as the Taylor Report showed that there was about as many people in the Leppings Lane as tickets issued. There was no army of ticketless fans. And the well-established operational plan, which Duckenfield chose to ignore, had police cordons on Leppings Lane checking tickets so no ticketless fans could get to the turnstiles. So even if they did, that was all down to a negligent Match Commander.

And alcohol wasn't an issue, despite the police insisting that all the victims were tested for alcohol in the blood. None were found to have consumed significant amounts. And if they did, so what? People have a drink before football matches.

The fact is that Hillsborough, as an unsafe stadium, was an accident waiting to happen at that time. But even that might have been avoided except that Duckenfield fucked up time and time again, knew he'd fucked up almost instantly and in true police fashion a cover up was instituted by lying and briefing the media. That's a tactic the police clearly still use today. He knew he'd given the order to open the gates yet told a barefaced lie that fans had forced it just minutes later. He was a lazy, lying, negligent **** and should have served time.

And those lies played a large part in how we're treated as fans over 30 years on, with not being allowed to drink at our seats, on coaches or on trains, along with other numerous humiliations.

Last edited:
Margaret Aspinall, of the Hillsborough support group pulling no punches, good on her - quite like this bit

Ms Aspinall, who is the former chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group which recently disbanded, said the "yobs" who threw objects at Real's coach were "a disgrace".

"They are worse than thugs. They are no use to society," she said.

"It discredits not only the city but the club, Jurgen [Klopp], [and] the players."
Good to see

Based on this, I expect some moments of introspection from the bus wreckers and subsequent amendment of behaviour moving forward, both as a club and fanbase.
Sorry, ignore that. I just realised I’m in completely the wrong Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.