Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSG are going nowhere, the dippers are one of their crown jewels. They are bringing in millions of outside investment purely because people want a slice. FSG sell and those investors want their money back.
But I wonder if the price they got for the sale of that stake was based on promises they made about the revenue coming in from the ESL?

Leeds went up in my estimation, frankly.

Yes, they came straight out with t shirts and condemnations. All Klopp did really was complain about fans and then have a go at other players.

Leeds t shirts were better planned than the last time the bin dippers printed any in support of someone.

But I wonder if the price they got for the sale of that stake was based on promises they made about the revenue coming in from the ESL?
Quite possible, it surely would have been mentioned. I guess the figures are still tasty with usual prem income etc but the ESL no doubt was going to be a nice quick boost to the coffers!

FSG are going nowhere, the dippers are one of their crown jewels. They are bringing in millions of outside investment purely because people want a slice. FSG sell and those investors want their money back.
Same goes for the Glazers too. Talk last night of both clubs being put up for sale was utterly laughable

A quote from RAWK when this was all first mooted in October-the first few pages are interesting with most thinking it's a good idea.

"
Yeah, fuck it, I would normally be against something like this but I'd relish the chance of playing the best teams of Europe - teams who actually want to play football, not just cause injuries. It should be invite-only as well.

Keep the PL, restrict the CL to anyone not a founder member of this Euro League (and teams invited to it). Seems fair to me.

I don't care if it ruins football in this country. For too long, teams have been used purely as political pawns by the government and the FA and UEFA. The PL started because the EFL weren't letting top teams get a fair proportion of what they earned, and the same is happening again in the PL. The Top 6 clubs massively subsidise the other teams, provide solidarity payments and huge parachute payments for lower leagues, and it still isn't good enough."

At least he's honest as well as deluded!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.