Banners at the game today

Ric

Administrator
Saw them mentioned in the match thread, but probably merit a thread of their own. Shocking grammar on the third one aside, interested to see what people make of them.

I went to bed on Sunday will and perhaps accepting that if the ESL went ahead I wouldn't be City fan anymore, and that was a very, very strange experience. It still feels raw.

I think City fans, myself included, are torn, though. This is probably the only major mistake you can say the board has got wrong, we are an infinitely better run club than where we were, and it sounds like of all the 6 teams we were the most reluctant and have done more than most to pull out once it became clear how much of a fuck up this was. We were and remain one of the best run clubs in world football.

I also personally find some of the rhetoric around "Arabs and Yanks" a bit little Englander, reproduced even in the commentary today about Levy needing to know better because he's an Englishman or whatever nonsense that was. So bad grammar aside, I don't like that at all really.

With that said, it was a major fuck up and I'm still processing it all for the most part, so I entirely understand if people are hurt or still upset about it. I hope the club senses they have a bit of work to do with rebuilding trust, but I think, on the whole, I'm willing to let them off if nothing like this ever happens again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.