Premier League Games 30/April, 1/2/3 May

It's a fact it's studs up, it's a fact it makes contact on the ankle and rides up his shin, and it's a fact he's lunged in so I don't know what you're disagreeing with.

He ticks every single box for a referee to think he's endangered a player's safety and that's a straight red.
It has been confirmed he got a red for DAGSO not for endangering a players safety, had he not prevented a gso, the decision would not have been a red, so you are wrong.

It has been confirmed he got a red for DAGSO not for endangering a players safety, had he not prevented a gso, the decision would not have been a red, so you are wrong.

DOGSO. Denial Of a Goals Scoring Opportunity.

And it's a red twice over as I said.

Fortunately the 2 referees covering the match tonight do.

They know that malice has nothing to do with a tackle being a red card, nor does making contact with the ball.

They probably even know that making a tackle that means you're inevitably going studs up into the ankle of an opposition player when through on goal is a red twice over.
Looking at the standard they probably think the game has rules as well clueless.

Foden didn't get to the ball afterwards, so it couldn’t be DOGSO in that case if the ref thought he touched the ball.

That was a penalty as he didn’t touch it though.

Fair point (I couldn't remember if Foden would have got to the ball or not) but with today's officials it should have still been a penalty though as even if he had touched it, he still caught the player after and therefore it was a foul.

"Studs up" has been bastardised to within an inch of it's life/meaning

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.