SPORT OPTIONS & SPIKE - CLF - UPDATE TUESDAY 18 MAY @ 9PM

If Chelsea and City get to the CL final, it’s utterly ludicrous not to stage it at Wembley, it’s a mix of stubborn pig headedness and rank stupidity, especially when you factor in the covid situation in Turkey and England ....

Fuckin Idiots ....!!!!

If Chelsea and City get to the CL final, it’s utterly ludicrous not to stage it at Wembley, it’s a mix of stubborn pig headedness and rank stupidity, especially when you factor in the covid situation in Turkey and England ....

Fuckin Idiots ....!!!!
Especially if you factor in the play off weekend and three games already being played at Wembley that weekend

Especially if you factor in the play off weekend and three games already being playedweekend
Especially if you factor in the play off weekend and three games already being played at Wembley that weekend
There are other options mate, Emirates, Spuds, old toilet etc etc .. The point is, playing the game contested by two English clubs in a country on the way out of covid, not slap bang in the middle of one with 12 times the infection rate like Turkey are at the moment ...!

There are other options mate, Emirates, Spuds, old toilet etc etc .. The point is, playing the game contested by two English clubs in a country on the way out of covid, not slap bang in the middle of one with 12 times the infection rate like Turkey are at the moment ...!
Yep all sensible thoughts. So you know it won’t happen

Not sure they can. Wembley is handed over for preparation for the Euros. Maybe Millennium or Murrayfield could be options?
You know as well as me there's always options, the CL game wouldn't even need to be Wembley.

Personally I think playing in the UK if if us v Chelsea would create its own problems of mass gatherings outside the ground.

Logic (haha) would suggest a more safe neutral venue but UEFA will do what the fuck UEFA want as usual.

If we do get through on Tuesday, I so hope we play Real Madrid rather than Chelsea.

I won't feel it is much of a Champions League final playing a "local" club that we have already played three times this season and will play at least twice again next season, especially if it is held in a Premier League ground...

JJ

If uefa move this game - a massive if given the logistics and industry behind the final - they'll move to the country allowing the highest number of fans as consistent with their approach to the Euros.

My money will be on remaining in Istanbul to avoid being sued and tickets only for the UEFA family (which is shorthand for sponsors) along with a token amount to the finalists and this will be organised travel packages via the club. Uefa have to have fans their or be accused like the ESL of ignoring them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.