Running thread

Just wondering what you've all got planned for the bank holiday weekend.

I'm up early on Saturday but I've got a massive hangover which means I should go and run it off but I can't say I'm feeling in the zone yet. I know I should just get my trainers on and do it though.

Definitely want to get it done before the match.
Got in bed at 1:30 after drinking vodka with the girlfriend but she’s now in bed still while I’m up ready for a 50 odd mile bike ride going up Holme Moss which is going to be a fucking tough climb today!!! Hope my head clears. !!
Enjoy your run bud.

I'm up early on Saturday but I've got a massive hangover which means I should go and run it off but I can't say I'm feeling in the zone yet. I know I should just get my trainers on and do it though.

I'll try a 15k this afternoon, day off tomorrow, then 5k or 10k runs through the week. I'll try and build up my slow long weekend run gradually, so I'm ready for the marathon in October.

Hope you get at least 5k today or Monday. Have realised there's a park with a bowl shaped crater in middle so could do some hill work for first time in there

After my first run n 3.5 months earlier this week I've felt like my legs had been run over so haven't fancied going back out again. Best to give it another day or two? Can't remember the process for getting back into the swing of things...

In saying that, my lungs have felt ropey again today.
Baby steps and all that.
Great to see you are back. Just take it easy. Even one run a week for the first couple of weeks is good. Then maybe 2 runs a week. It's still progress.

Back on the trails for me this morning. More relaxing and enjoyable than this bloody racing lark.

I popped out for a slow 16k yesterday and might do a nice slow 10k later.

Feel a bit jaded myself of late, so going to take it easy this weekend. Diet has gone to pot of late, so need to get that sorted out.

Anyway picturesque lake district runs you can recommend Stuuu? Not looking to kill myself as would prefer to get out most days rather than flog myself over one tough run. Going to be based in Grange over Sands but happy to drive.

I popped out for a slow 16k yesterday and might do a nice slow 10k later.

Feel a bit jaded myself of late, so going to take it easy this weekend. Diet has gone to pot of late, so need to get that sorted out.

Anyway picturesque lake district runs you can recommend Stuuu? Not looking to kill myself as would prefer to get out most days rather than flog myself over one tough run. Going to be based in Grange over Sands but happy to drive.
So many! Depends how much climbing you are willing to do. I like to climb up Ullock Pike then across to Longside and Carl Side and see the views south and across Bassenthwaite. Whenever I'm up there, I nearly always seem to see fighter jets below me, going across the lake.

Alternatively a lap of Derwentwater is about 10 miles. For shorter, flatter ones, it's great to go around Buttermere but you do have the option of some climbing if you feel like it.

I don't know as much in the South Lakes so it might be worth a Google if you're at that end.

Enjoy beautiful Cumbria!

So many! Depends how much climbing you are willing to do. I like to climb up Ullock Pike then across to Longside and Carl Side and see the views south and across Bassenthwaite. Whenever I'm up there, I nearly always seem to see fighter jets below me, going across the lake.

Alternatively a lap of Derwentwater is about 10 miles. For shorter, flatter ones, it's great to go around Buttermere but you do have the option of some climbing if you feel like it.

I don't know as much in the South Lakes so it might be worth a Google if you're at that end.

Enjoy beautiful Cumbria!

Cheers Stuuuu, much appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.