Running thread

Well I got round at London but not quite how I planned. It was cold early on and I went off a bit quick but felt ok and was resigned to slowing second half. Knee niggle started playing on my mind after Tower Bridge so I just let the pace slowly decline and finished at a crawl. Knee in agony today but all worth it for the fun and fundraising involved. A race of two halves but It was nice not to be able to worry about time and just enjoy the crowds as I pootled to the finish in the sun. 3:48:59

well done.

registered my interest for next years

Well thats me on the train back to civilisation, a real whirlwind of a few days, race went just as I knew it would, started far too quick as usual, with the mind playing all sorts of tricks trying to convince me I could maintain the pace for the full 26.2, the legs mainly my calf went around mile 18 i think, the crowds were huge, I had my name on my vest and have never heard my name shouted so much, decided towards the end to just try and soak up the experience, its kind of surreal when you finish and realise you have done it, I would recommend it to anyone, just dont run it like I did and respect the distance

Well thats me on the train back to civilisation, a real whirlwind of a few days, race went just as I knew it would, started far too quick as usual, with the mind playing all sorts of tricks trying to convince me I could maintain the pace for the full 26.2, the legs mainly my calf went around mile 18 i think, the crowds were huge, I had my name on my vest and have never heard my name shouted so much, decided towards the end to just try and soak up the experience, its kind of surreal when you finish and realise you have done it, I would recommend it to anyone, just dont run it like I did and respect the distance
..... and your time?

I did the same on my half marathon yesterday off the back of no training! Felt fine but very quickly went to pot. Just seen the time - that's still a brilliant run. The crowd is unbelievable, I echo your sentiments. Everyone should try and run it at least once. It's a hugely emotional experience when you hear your name shouted out all the way towards the finish down what can be a painful last 8 miles! I shed a few tears when I crossed the line back in 2016. Going to sign up for it next year as well and try to keep my running up.

Great post Gaz and well done. Just out of interest what pace do you think you should have stuck to?

Really hard to gauge what a realistic pace would be and how much to slow down from my half marathon pace.

Great post Gaz and well done. Just out of interest what pace do you think you should have stuck to?

Really hard to gauge what a realistic pace would be and how much to slow down from my half marathon pace.
Thanks mate, I was aiming for 7.10 pace at the quickest! That gives a 3.08 full time, but I got nowhere near it, going to try again on sunday

Thanks mate, I was aiming for 7.10 pace at the quickest! That gives a 3.08 full time, but I got nowhere near it, going to try again on sunday

Cheers. Im hoping for similar (3:12-3:20) on sunday but not quite feeling it at the minute. I think I am going to try and hit a 7:29 pace over the first half and see what is left, if any, in the tank.

I was going to pace myself at around 7:10 myself but I think the usual hang on, grin and bear it does not apply the same when you have 8-10 miles left in that state. First marathon, so like you say respect the distance.

Last edited:

Cheers Gaz and we’ll done. Comments are helpful as I have just signed up for the M’cr one in April.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.