Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, every Turk I've met in life has been at pains to point out that they are not Arabs, ethnically or culturally, despite sharing the same religion, for the most part. I can only go on what they say.
I have heard only good things about Istanbul as a a city. I still hope to visit it. Parts of southern Anatolia are supposed to be a bit hairy for a foreigner, though. I had a friend whose car was stoned, quite spontaneously, in a village. He swears that he was doing nothing to provoke. He had to get out of there, sharpish. Perhaps things have changed. It was a long time ago.
I've travelled masses over the past twenty years, but would still like to go to Turkey.
Indeed. Nothing about Turkey or Turkish people is ethnically culturally or linguistically Arabic.

Ethnically Turkic people are historically from Central Asia. They only came to live in Anatolia in the 11th Century. Before then they mainly lived in Turkmenistan but also other Central Asia areas.

Obviously, the Turkic languages are from Central Asia as well. Turkish being a Turkic language.

The only thing Arabic about Turkey is Islam. But Turkic culture is older than Islam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bayern had Lewandowski out and played Choupo Moting instead. Bayern have got a really good full strength starting XI, but I’m not sure they have a squad as good as City or Chelsea.

not a lot in it in terms of worth between Bayern and Chelsea

or how good they are

On the plus side, when was the last time Chelsea beat us three times in a row...

The next three weeks headlines already written "Tuchel has got Pep's number" , May 29th can't come soon enough to put Chelsea in their place.

Let’s hope so but it isn’t a given. They were a threat all second half with what isn’t their first eleven either and we had 5 defenders on the pitch. I think it’s 50/50 that final.

They have much more goal threat than us & that’s a great worry. We might have 70% possession but we need 30 chances to score they need a couple.

we are much better but they have beat us twice now in big games & we just have no strikers on fire.

I know it was nowhere near full strength for us but they tested a good few players too. Difference is they seemed capable of cutting through us time and time again when we offered absolutely fuck all for that second half, penalty decision aside. They looked faster, fresher and showed off the ball movement that we couldn't match. The good news is we have another 3 weeks to address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.