Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

The idea that the finalists should pay to move the game is horseshit also.
This is about public health not convenience.

This is why City confirmed that we have not asked for the change as we could then be liable for the costs. We will leave it to UEFA and the host nations to come up with a plan and any funds lost distributed across the UEFA prize fund. Otherwise you’ll get the finalists earning less than the also-rans.
This is what worries me . Winning it and getting thuppence

Really? I always thought with the sectarianism they preferred the catholic reds like the rags and the dippers.
No, Celtic always had catholic and protestant players, no issue there. As for the dippers, think they are far closer to rangers than celtic.

Very good post. They have developed a taste for a malevolent use of power.

What has become apparent is that the move to put Turkey on the red list was completely unexpected at UEFA. Within the same breath on Friday afternoon, the government stated their desire to host the final in this country. If I'm Aleks Ceferin, I'm most likely furious that such a claim has been made without any consultation and if I'm the Turkish government, I'm seeing it as a populist act of piracy.

I think that the government made the claim in the same breath as announcing that Turkey was red to stave off unpopularity. I think it was badly conceived, poorly prepared and gave no regard to the full implications of a switch at this stage. What they have done is unduly raise hopes and expectations. They may yet get their way but not without a lot of work behind the scenes. City and Chelsea will be under pressure to pay the Turkish authorities because if they don't, it will be spun that we are greedy clubs. We're already on the naughty step over the ESL.
Also the "saviour of football" tag they want for the WC 2030 bid.

It is all politics and we are the pawns, but I suppose it is better than 100 years ago when we would have been forced to fight on a battlefield due to such games.

I remember the hats as at least five to one more Rangers, as far as I'm concerned a plague on both houses in Scotland I'm a Jambo.

If honest I have no intereet in scottish football but if I did it would be hibs.

But I recall bobby sand songs on the kippax and irishdecent/catholic blues kicking off with the singers

Manchester has a big Irish decent community and a lot are blues

I can cancel my hotel in Istanbul until the day before. Is there any chance I could go as a UEFA hanger-on or should I cancel now?
It's worth a try mate but I'm sure in the hanger on questionnaire I'm sure there will be a are you a supporter of Manchester City :-)

No, Celtic always had catholic and protestant players, no issue there. As for the dippers, think they are far closer to rangers than celtic.
I will bow to your superior knowledge on the matter. I knew about the players but the supporters as well? Are you saying there are a sizeable amount of Protestant Celtic supporters? The dippers are slightly different, they got Dalglish from Celtic and Souness from Rangers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.