Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I know done it before abroad always seems a bit naughty letting hotel down just me, Anyway if its London enough hotels soak up thousands.
I can cancel my hotel in Istanbul until the day before. Is there any chance I could go as a UEFA hanger-on or should I cancel now?

I can cancel my hotel in Istanbul until the day before. Is there any chance I could go as a UEFA hanger-on or should I cancel now?
What is to be gained from cancelling it now rather than the day before?

What is to be gained from cancelling it now rather than the day before?

Exactly. I can cancel my flight and hotel the day before so, in the unlikely event it goes amber and tickets are on public sale, will use the bookings.

As I said about 60 pages ago - I would rather have something I don't need, than need something I don't have.

The Government are being very disingenuous here, they had ample time to put Turkey on the red list, and waited until after the two English teams qualified.

The Government could have said, okay fans can still go if they officially have tickets and go on certain authorised bubble tours with testing before and after an no quarantine. They waited until after the elections to do this as well.

The Government make the rules and did this as a usual attack on football fans, and are pissing themselves laughing behind the scenes now at their malevolent use of power. Then they come to to rescue..
Very good post. They have developed a taste for a malevolent use of power.

What has become apparent is that the move to put Turkey on the red list was completely unexpected at UEFA. Within the same breath on Friday afternoon, the government stated their desire to host the final in this country. If I'm Aleks Ceferin, I'm most likely furious that such a claim has been made without any consultation and if I'm the Turkish government, I'm seeing it as a populist act of piracy.

I think that the government made the claim in the same breath as announcing that Turkey was red to stave off unpopularity. I think it was badly conceived, poorly prepared and gave no regard to the full implications of a switch at this stage. What they have done is unduly raise hopes and expectations. They may yet get their way but not without a lot of work behind the scenes. City and Chelsea will be under pressure to pay the Turkish authorities because if they don't, it will be spun that we are greedy clubs. We're already on the naughty step over the ESL.

So do we and Chelsea have to pay 20mill compensation to the Turks
This is why City confirmed that we have not asked for the change as we could then be liable for the costs. We will leave it to UEFA and the host nations to come up with a plan and any funds lost distributed across the UEFA prize fund. Otherwise you’ll get the finalists earning less than the also-rans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.