Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I will bow to your superior knowledge on the matter. I knew about the players but the supporters as well? Are you saying there are a sizeable amount of Protestant Celtic supporters? The dippers are slightly different, they got Dalglish from Celtic and Souness from Rangers.
OK, there you are correct, Celtic would be a majoritly Catholic club so their support is massively Catholic. But the dippers were always a protestant club and had close ties to Rangers, think Everton would of been the more Catholic club.

If honest I have no intereet in scottish football but if I did it would be hibs.

But I recall bobby sand songs on the kippax and irishdecent/catholic blues kicking off with the singers

Manchester has a big Irish decent community and a lot are blues
Off the top of my head I know about 30 Manchester based blues who are Catholic and about 20 of them are of Irish descent.

Always found it odd when people say City are a protestant club, that’s not been my experience whatsoever.

I think you may have that wrong:

“Liverpool are the Catholic team and play in red at Anfield. Mention Xabi Alonso, maybe with knowing raised eyebrows; don't mention Michael Owen except with a knowing sneer. Everton are the Protestant team and play in blue at Goodison Park.”

The quote you have used is under the heading 'The Guardian gets it woefully wrong' and is from article in the Guardian which that webpage you have linked to clearly states is bollocks.

In response to that article the below is said:

You refer to Liverpool FC as the Catholic team and Everton FC as protestant. Where did you get that from?

Today the sectarian divide between the teams no longer exists except as a memory. But when it did exist Everton was always seen as the catholic team and Liverpool as the protestant team.

Much like City and United there is no Sectarian divide between the Liverpool clubs.

Celtic would not discriminate against staff and players on race or religion, were as Rangers would even for someone on the turnstiles.
For what it’s worth, I went to Celtic away in the CL, logged in to their wifi at half time and the BBC website was blocked.

OK, there you are correct, Celtic would be a majoritly Catholic club so their support is massively Catholic. But the dippers were always a protestant club and had close ties to Rangers, think Everton would of been the more Catholic club.
Its Everton that are Catholic

I think you may have that wrong:

“Liverpool are the Catholic team and play in red at Anfield. Mention Xabi Alonso, maybe with knowing raised eyebrows; don't mention Michael Owen except with a knowing sneer. Everton are the Protestant team and play in blue at Goodison Park.”

I thought it was the other way round red dippers catholic and Everton Protestant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.