Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

You can bet everyone in the higher point brackets is on the CL scheme, and if we do get 4,000 tickets it will need around 20k points.

If we get 6k it may go down to about 16k points.
Don’t think that will be the case actually. Plenty will go home and away domestically with loads of points, but not want to pay for scheme.
Real Madrid semi went down pretty low (still on cup scheme).
I reckon this will go to about 12k CS tbh.

The UK had 67k cases on Jan 8th. Football was being played at that point if I'm not mistaken. I'm not arsed about where it is played but moving it to the UK on the basis of public health is beyond stupid.

The danger isn't the UK supporters attending, it's the 10k travelling from all over the world including places with considerably worse data than Turkey that will be given exemptions from quarantining which are the danger to the UK. Only a fucking idiot would fail to understand this basic issue.
When there were 67k cases a day, we weren’t letting people in from other countries to watch football matches so what’s your fucking point?

Oh, and name the countries they’re all attending from. And while you’re at it, put up the current stats from each of those countries. Go on.....

Last edited:
I know Wembley has been a good hunting ground for us in the last 10 years but how unfair is it that Chelsea fans get a £2 tube ride to the ground and we get stung on the trains again.

Don’t think that will be the case actually. Plenty will go home and away domestically with loads of points, but not want to pay for scheme.
Real Madrid semi went down pretty low (still on cup scheme).
I reckon this will go to about 12k CS tbh.
If you don't pay for the scheme you are precluding from going to high demand aways domestically, so all away regulars are on it whether go or not.

Just look at what RM and Barcelona away sold out at first time we played them (or Ajax.)

Then everyone realised the view was shit and not worth it.

Celtic and Rangers had the reputation of each having exclusively Catholic and Protestants players and fans respectively. Jock Stein, Celtic manager in the 1960s, was once asked if he would sign a top Protestant player if available, he replied "Yes, to stop Rangers having him!"
I'm sure they won the European cup with 11 Scottish players, a record they share with City winning the Cup winners cup with 11 Englishmen

Absolutely no chance given the amount of people in this country who have already been jabbed. Only a fucking idiot would think one single event with 25000 people attending would see daily Covid deaths increase over 50 fold.
By your own logic, 8,000 people coming back from Turkey to self-isolate shouldn't be a problem if the population is largely vaccinated. But if you're worried about variants coming in then the same could be equally true for 1,000 largely unvaccinated people entering from here, there and everywhere and not going into quarantine.

I'm not saying 8,000+ fans in Istanbul would be right, but allowing as many as 1,000 people to come in and basically be allowed to break the rules for the sake of having the game at dreary old Wembley is not good either. Everyone is motivated by self-interest.

If you don't pay for the scheme you are precluding from going to high demand aways domestically, so all away regulars are on it whether go or not.

Just look at what RM and Barcelona away sold out at first time we played them (or Ajax.)

Then everyone realised the view was shit and not worth it.
I’m on it. And I went to RM because of it. But there are domestic games I don’t get a sniff of. A lot of high points don’t go on the scheme.

By your own logic, 8,000 people coming back from Turkey to self-isolate shouldn't be a problem if the population is largely vaccinated. But if you're worried about variants coming in then the same could be equally true for 1,000 largely unvaccinated people entering from here, there and everywhere and not going into quarantine.

I'm not saying 8,000+ fans in Istanbul would be right, but allowing as many as 1,000 people to come in and basically be allowed to break the rules for the sake of having the game at dreary old Wembley is not good either. Everyone is motivated by self-interest.
Tell you what mate. Let’s just call the game off. That’s the safest solution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.