Sheffield Wednesday thread 20/21

Gutted for Wednesday's fans who deserve so much better. 4 managers in one season and an owner who is not fit to have a football club.

It must have been agonising for Rotherham fans. Minutes from safety then they concede.

Pleased for my son and Rams mates but Rooney has been a disaster and must go.

He’ll get the boot surely. Way in over his head.

It is what it is, you don't get relegated based on 1 game it's over 46. Although on the pitch over 46 games we stayed up but the points deduction has done us in.

My lad is gutted (I've been here several times before), I told him to remember today for when the good times come around again.

It is what it is, you don't get relegated based on 1 game it's over 46. Although on the pitch over 46 games we stayed up but the points deduction has done us in.

My lad is gutted (I've been here several times before), I told him to remember today for when the good times come around again.
At Christmas I moved north to live 10 minutes walk from Hillsborough, and Wednesday v City last March was my last match before football finished (or should have in my view). Soft spot for the Owls (though my neighbour's a Balde).

I'll go and watch them next season when they don't clash with City and hopefully your lad will get to see a winning side for a change. Look at how Leicester went from the Div 1 to the Prem recently !

Yes very disappointing, big fall from grace similar to ours 20 years ago.
Let's hope you get better times ahead mate.

BBC snippet:

Derby County are set to find out that they have lost a battle with the English Football League over the Championship club's accounting policies.

The Rams were cleared of breaching Financial Fair Play rules last year.
However, the EFL appealed against the decision to an independent tribunal and it is understood to have won its case, which centres around how new signings are accounted for.

An announcement is expected soon.

It is felt the policy Derby adopted helped them meet FFP limits when, if normal policies had been applied, that would not have been the case.

It remains to be seen what sanction is applied to Derby.

Maybe there's hope yet although a doubt they'd get a points deduction.

BBC snippet:

Derby County are set to find out that they have lost a battle with the English Football League over the Championship club's accounting policies.

However, the EFL appealed against the decision to an independent tribunal and it is understood to have won its case, which centres around how new signings are accounted for.

It is felt the policy Derby adopted helped them meet FFP limits when, if normal policies had been applied, that would not have been the case.

It was a points deduction that cost Wednesday their place

BBC snippet:

Wednesday would still go down though as Wycombe were the third from bottom team

I'm so gutted. Wednesday are my second team (long story) and I was really hoping they'd stay up and then they had to go and concede a fucking penalty.

There's a very good, if heartbreaking, article in the Athletic about Wednesday's decline. I had no idea how bad things were, but Chansiri is even more clueless than I thought. I wish he'd sell Wednesday to someone who can make a go of things, or at least listen to people who actually know about football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.