Manchester City are Champions of England for the 7th time!

There’s all those usual suspects going on about uncompetitive Pl etc. They’re sounding bitter now. About time we remind them of the facts.

In the 13 seasons before City received Abu Dhabi investment only 3 clubs won the title (1 was Chelsea following arrival of Abramovic And all of his wealth). In the last 6 seasons 4 different clubs (2 1st time PL winners) have won it - and yet some are claiming it’s not as competitive. Hmm!

Manchester City’s trophy haul makes them the fifth most successful English club of all time based on major domestic and European trophies won (United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are ahead of the Blues). Details:

I think I’ll write something before the CL on where we’re at; how we got here and how that compares to football history. Time to educate I think.

someone needs to write a book with a different reality starting for when fergie took over the rags but social media was around ffp was around the media was all about football accounting and every win every trophy won was caveated with how much they spent on there team and how easy it is for them to win everything with all that share sales money and dodgy sponsors from a meat factory!

Yes if you were on a bus in 1968 from Stockport to Newcastle full of city fans and broke down in the middle of Leeds. It was like Blackhawk down...
Nah. Finglands from Ladybarn. You didn't have the lad with the broken leg trying to "thumb" a lift with his crutch?

Ha, put Sky Sports News on this morning which is when I found out it had been confirmed. Didn't know United were playing last night so cheers to Leicester.

Went to the Sky Sports website where they've got the 'Can this City team be considered a great?' article only to find out that you have to win it 3 times back to back so I've stopped beaming now.

Oh, and we're only in the semi-finals of the CL apparently despite the article only being published today. Stinks of something written up from before we played PSG.

If we win the PL next season I wonder what the next barrier to us being considered a 'great' team will be?

You have to win 1 title in 30 years then finish 7th the season after I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.