Manchester City are Champions of England for the 7th time!

Thought the days of people putting tea towels on their heads were long gone.
Always remember answering my front door a few days after the takeover at city ,to be greeted by an old guy in his 70s standing at my door entrance in full attire of arab robe outfit .
I had to look twice before i recognised him , it was my oldman ,he had driven 5 miles to my house to share his joy & joke with me in the outfit
The rum bugger !

Let's hope he is fit enough for another motivational speech to Chelsea ahead of the final, worked wonders for PSG !

1999?.....

3072369.jpg

I was very, very drunk.

People talking a lot about the start of the season. But surely everybody could see that it was going to be a weird season? Genuinely puzzled. On the same day, in early October, there were those two weird results, Villa versus Liverpool and United against Spurs (even then, I see that Fernandes scored a fucking penalty! Jesus H, would United even be in top four were it not for Fernandes and his penalties?). And we'd had our own version of weirdness against Leicester City shortly before. None of those results were real. At least, the margins weren't. All kinds of crazy things were going on. I kept my powder dry, honestly never thought that we wouldn't get into the groove enough to get top four. Obviously Rúben coming in had a huge impact, not just for the defence, but for the entire team. After that lousy match against United in early December we were ninth. When we were sixth just before Boxing Day I will admit I was uneasy, but was still in the wait-and-see mode. I wouldn't have called it for us at that point, but then I wouldn't have called it for anyone else. What was clear, even then, was that no-one was showing any kind of consistency (Jesus, even Spurs fans got giddy at one point, that in itself showed how nonsensical the season was), It was clear at that point that there was no consistency version of the Liverpool of the previous season. Well, as it turned out, the consistency team was us!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.