Allan Saint-Maximin

Upgrade on Sane, a lad who left 18mths ago and we have gone on to be a better team without him. Nah.

He's obviously got talent, but the end product isn't there at the moment, certainly for a team like us who expects our wingers to chip in with a lot of goals. 4 goals and 3 assists this season. Also more worryingly is how often he's substituted off. In 24 games for Newcastle this season, he's played the full 90 in just five of them.

From what I've seen from ASM , he seems a superior player in many aspects, playing in a less progressive side, be interesting to see how the stats match up.
I think Adama's ability to switch up the tempo and holding up strength are abilities we lack in. ASM though a good player offers little more than Bernie, Phil, Mahrez could add though now I have typed that he would deffo fit our no striker approach.

I’d sign him. Wouldn’t get in the team but just to give the defenders something to chase in training. Not suited for a passing side, alas.

Sterling worries me. Though a bit better against the barcodes, he's back to missing simple passes and making the wrong choices. He IS one of the few players who can beat a defender from a standing start, but I think ASM is a class above in that area and could be an important option in games we've got bogged down in.

I think Adama's ability to switch up the tempo and holding up strength are abilities we lack in. ASM though a good player offers little more than Bernie, Phil, Mahrez could add though now I have typed that he would deffo fit our no striker approach.
I know stats aren't everything mate, but it seems ASM's are twice as good as Troare's in around half the game time in some pretty important ones, clearly Traore has the edge strengthwise, but tbf, not many (if any) players are his equal in that department, but I do disagree on the switching up the tempo, seen ASM do that quite a bit, I'd be interested to see what Pep could do with someone like him, I think he has the basic/raw ingredients to become a very very good player.

One of the most entertaining players to watch in the league.

But his end product isn’t as good as it should be with his level of ability. He’d be even more frustrating than Sterling and Mahrez (prior to this season).

Said it in the past and I'll say it again. Under the right guidence he will be a fantastic player. I imagine Steve Bruce just sends him out and tells him to do what he wants whilst Pep would have a plan which utilises his talents in a proper way.
If we could get him for around 30m I'd be happy to sign him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.