Harry Kane

IMO this means Pep's not staying past 2023.

Kane's a world class striker, but he's 28. He'll be good for ~4 years assuming the ankle holds up. Haaland would be good for 10+.

One's a short-mid term option, the other is long term. One is the young player who you mould (remember how Pep's supposed to prefer working with younger players?), the other is someone who slots in for a few years while you win and the next guy can worry about replacing Kane for another £150m in 2025 or something.

It's going to be a good couple of seasons, he's going to score a lot of goals, I'm just slightly disappointed we're taking a shorter term view.
It doesn't matter how old haaland is after 2,3,4 years his agent will be touting him around Europe again and if he signs a 5 year deal who's to say he would sign on again ?at lease with kane 5 years and he will still be only 32/33 could go on for a few more years after that injuries withstanding

Delap doesn't benefit from Kane coming over Haaland.

If Kane stays 5 years, Delap will be 23. He's not waiting that long, no one is.

If Delap is going to be a world class striker, he'll be leading the line somewhere at 21...like Haaland is, like Kane was, like Aguero did.

Loan/Buyback.....and maybe within 3 years he develops so much he pushes Kane aside.

2nd guessing Pep is never easy but here's my thoughts in trying to do that. Haarland and Messi are both likely to bust City's wage structure. Both will want more than KDB. Kane will increase his wage considerably (think Levy!) and not be above KDB. Thus squad harmony remains intact. Add to that the fact that we have players who would interest Spuds (Gabby? Nathan?) and we get Kane for a net outlay not much above the £60m+ that is usually our max. So my money is on 'Arry at this moment - but then I've been wrong before!

It doesn't matter how old haaland is after 2,3,4 years his agent will be touting him around Europe again and if he signs a 5 year deal who's to say he would sign on again ?at lease with kane 5 years and he will still be only 32/33 could go on for a few more years after that injuries withstanding

Not this bullshit again.

1) Raiola only moves clients who want to move. See Verratti.

2) Raiola isn't his fucking agent, Alf-Inge is. Mino's only been brought onboard to facilitate his transfers.

Kane's a world class striker, but he's 28. He'll be good for ~4 years assuming the ankle holds up. Haaland would be good for 10+.

One's a short-mid term option, the other is long term. One is the young player who you mould (remember how Pep's supposed to prefer working with younger players?), the other is someone who slots in for a few years while you win and the next guy can worry about replacing Kane for another £150m in 2025 or something.

It's going to be a good couple of seasons, he's going to score a lot of goals, I'm just slightly disappointed we're taking a shorter term view.
Not necessarily, hes 27 and in his prime. He could theoretically be good for another 4-5 seasons. I don't think pep would stay longer than 4-5 seasons anyways, so he could sign a new deal like 1-2 year extension. Likewise, this is long term with delap coming through as well, kane wouldn't hinder delaps path. Halaand is not guranteed to stay for 10+ years. He is likely going to end up at barca or madrid at some point and with his agent every would be difficult. So Kane is the better option imo and guardiola could still be staying longer.

Personally I would hate to see Gabby going anywhere I think he has alot to off for us.
Maybe Ake could be used as he will find it more difficult to get game time having Stones, Dias and Laporte ahead of him.
I wouldn't mind Gabby sticking around, I only mention him because there were a lot of rumours that the club willing to let him go towards the end of last season.

He’s 27 until he’s 28.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.